Golden Girl

"Shit Barry, I can't breathe when you do that!" Mack yelled in distress

"Baby" Barry chuckled, smiling at Mack from under his unusually long and beautiful eyelashes. It made a knot tie in Mackenzie's stomach.

"Jerk" She narrowed her eyes.

"You can take the bed. We'll visit Thea first thing tomorrow morning yeah?" Barry yelled through the hallway as he disappeared from Mack's view.

"I'm capable of sleeping on the couch Bartholomew" Mack countered

"I hate you" Barry scowled at the use of his full first name

"Where's your shower?" Mack asked, changing the subject

"Down the hall. First door on your left" Barry clarified. Mack nodded and headed into the bathroom.

She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess from having run her hand through it so many times, a nervous tick she had developed at a young age. She wrapped her fingers around the pendant that hung around her neck, and it always hung around her neck, she hadn't taken it off in who knows how long. However, she unclipped the back carefully when she took showers, as to keep the metal from rusting. She set it carefully on the sink and proceeded to take a shower.

Once she had finished she threw on some sports shorts and and an old Australian soccer jersey she had kept in her bag with her from training. She walked out into Barry's living room and noticed a balcony. She quietly made her way over and sat outside. She took out a cigarette and lit it. She looked out into the night and felt the urge to leave Barry's. She wanted to be in the midst of the night, in the craziest part of the after hours.

"Soccer and smoking, really Mack?" Barry frowned.

"I played soccer for years, don't 'soccer?' me Barry Allen" Mack countered

"And smoking?"

"Do you always ask so many questions?"

"How else am I suppose to get to know you? Lord knows you won't tell me anything about yourself" Barry sassed

"What do you want to know?"

"See. Questions"

"You're good at making me want to punch you"

"What's you're favorite movie?" Barry asked after a silence

"My Girl" Mack replied immediately. Surface questions.

"Let's watch it"

"I'll fall asleep"

"So be it"

"Suit yourself" Mack shrugged before putting out her cigarette and walking past Barry inside. They started watching the movie and as Mack had guessed, she was out in less than 20 minutes.

Barry smiled down at her. My Girl was a good movie. He had been gently running his hands through her hair the entire time. She didn't oppose or do much of anything, which surprised Barry. He stood gently and covered her with a blanket and placed a pillow under her head.

"Goodnight Mackenzie" Barry whispered before going to his own room and passing out on the bed.

«««««»»»»»

"MACK I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DONT GET UPPPPP!!!" Barry yelled in agony. He had been trying to get Mack to wake up for a half an hour. She was out. He picked up a pillow and threw it at her head in defeat. Her hand shot up and caught it. Barry froze. She tucked it under her arm.

"A good morning to you too Allen" She sighed before getting up. She was still in shorts and a soccer jersey. Barry, on the other hand, was completely ready to go at any moment.