Crazy

The next morning, Mackenzie was left with her collateral damage, and as always, she was terrible at handling it. What was she suppose to say to Barry? That she was a crazy liar? That she was truly just a rampaged murderer with little self-control? She decided on calling in sick.

What was different about last night were her eyes. The last time this had happened to Barry, Mack's eyes had been electric blue and she had shown no mercy to him. This time, however, she seemed to have caught herself, been frustrated, and then disappeared. He worried about her. As silly as it sounds after she had threatened him a second time since they'd known each other, he was incredibly worried. He hadn't seen it long, but the facial expression that she had worn before she had zapped herself out of the cortex was one of confusion and terror, like she didn't have control over her own body. She called in sick.

"Mack called in sick" Cisco said accusingly as he entered the room, seemingly annoyed.

"Why are you mad?" Barry asked

"You messed it up that bad?!" Cisco exclaimed. Barry raised an eyebrow. Cisco rolled his eyes, sighed, and slammed his head against his desk. Barry jumped.

"He meant asking Mack out last night. She didn't text me, not that I really expected her to or anything though" Caitlin added

"Oh. That. Yeah. About that, it didn't happen" Barry sighed

"She said no?" Caitlin frowned

"Well I never got a chance to ask her" Barry replied

"Why?! It's a pretty short question! Pretty straight to the point!" Cisco exclaimed

"Why do you care?" Barry chuckled

"BECAUSEEEE!! Watching you two stare at each other from across the lab for the past two months has been painful. Plus you're perfect for each other! It's cute" Cisco replied, moving his hands around for emphasis.

"What's cute?" Mack asked as she walked into the cortex. Everyone had surprised expressions on their faces.

"What?" Asked Mack, getting slightly uncomfortable with the wide-eyed stares.

They were for many reasons.

Firstly because Barry always stared at her like that. Secondly because they had been talking about her moments before and hadn't expected her to show up at all, after all, she was suppose to be 'sick'. And thirdly, was because she was in suede black, slightly-platformed heels and an incredible sparkling dress. Her normally-wavy hair was curled and pulled back into a messy bun, besides the few tendrils that had fallen out and framed her face. She had bronzer on but besides that she wore very minimal makeup. She looked incredible.

"Aren't you sick?" Caitlin cleared her throat

"You guys didn't honestly believe that, did you?"

"Where are you going looking like that?" Barry asked

"Like what?" She turned to him

He raised an eyebrow. She looked down at herself.

"Oh, I'm going to a gala with Oliver. Nothing important. But I wanted to talk to you before I leave" Mack said to Barry

"Oh... Okay, uh, give us a minute?" Barry asked Caitlin and Cisco. They both quickly nodded and exited the cortex.

"Short question!" Cisco whispered as he passed Barry, to which Barry rolled his eyes.