Fixing Things

"How is she?" Caitlin asked the second Barry appeared

"Huh?" Barry asked

"Well you did go and talk to her didn't you?" Cisco raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Oh yeah. Yeah of course. She's fine, she's okay. We just need to figure out how to save her" Barry replied, "Anything?"

"Well by looking at Mack's DNA, Wells and I figured out what sequence of DNA causes the radiometa gene. We know how it works more or less, it's just a problem of figuring out how to reverse it" Cisco said

"Okay. I have to head to work, but I'll be back as soon as I can" Barry nodded before he was off.

«««««»»»»»

"Ollie?" Mack's voice rang out through the empty mansion.

She was up by the bedrooms and Oliver was nowhere to be found, despite Mack having searched nearly the whole Queen household.

"Mack?" A soft voice said from behind her. Mack spun around to see Thea at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at her with a concerned crease between her eyebrows.

"Hey love" Mack smiled, quickly descending the stairs to face the girl "Any idea where your big brother has run off to today?"

"He should be at the Arrow Cave, why? What's up? You look worried" Thea said, her own tone worried as she tried to read Mackenzie.

"You always have been quite intuitive, young Queen" Mack chuckled, "We just have a few things to talk about, nothing serious. Don't worry, love" Mack ruffled the girl's hair like she used to when they were younger. The girl visibly relaxed as she swatted Mackenzie's hand away, a small smile breaking onto her face. "Walk me?" Mack asked

"Sure" Thea chuckled as the two girls walked side by side, heading to the Arrow Cave.

They passed the buildings that Mack associated with home, and she began feeling nostalgic. As they walked, she identified her old apartment building in which she had first experienced her powers. It had been painted a new color, and Mack thought the pale yellow suited it better than the blue it had been before. Once they reached the cave, Thea gave Mack a kiss on the cheek and excused herself to her own business. Mack made a mental note on how much the girl had grown up, and reminded herself to visit Starling more often.

She took the elevator down to the cave and exited slowly.

"Ollieeeee?" She called out, one foot out of the elevator.

"Who's there?" Shouted a defensive female voice, obviously attempting to sound scary or intimidating. Mack smiled and sped up the steps to the platform on which stood her friends, running over and enveloping her blonde friend in a tight embrace.

"Felicity! You're back!" She shouted

"I was back weeks ago! You're the one who's been gone little lady! How's Central City? What are you doing here?" Felicity rambled as usual, grinning wide and excited to see her friend.

"Central City's been good, keeping us busy of course, but good. I'm looking for Oliver" Mack explained to Felicity.

"Well you're in luck! He should be back any-" Felicity got cut off by a voice coming from the elevator.

"Kenzie" Oliver's voice was soft, relieved; something that rarely happened. Mack immediately turned towards it.

"Hey. Are you okay? I'm really really sorry about last night. I don't really know-" Mack started rambling embarrassedly but Oliver quickly shut her up by wrapping his arms around her.