Sleepy

Mack's eyelids fluttered open.

"Oh my god baby, you're okay" Barry breathed a sigh of relief.

"Barry?" She mumbled

"Yeah, it's me. I'm right here" Barry's voice was weak as he squeezed her hand.

Flashes of what had happened suddenly flooded her mind. She bolted upright, painfully.

"Oh my god! Is the team okay?! Where's Ollie and Thea?!" She questioned

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. They're fine. They're okay. You did it" Barry calmed her.

Mack was relived but the panic in her chest didn't fade. There was something else about that night.

The sirum.

The voices.

Oliver.

Suddenly, Mackenzie found herself unable to breathe, her throat was closing up, and then she did something she rarely ever did... she started crying.

"Oh baby, it's okay. Shhhh, it's okay. I'm right here and you're okay. I'm not gonna let anything like that happen to you ever again. I promise" He whispered comfortingly as he got into the cortex hospital bed with her and wrapped his arms around her.

She hated being this weak.

"I'm fine" She mumbled, closing her eyes, blocking out every image she had of hurting people.

"No you're not. And that's okay Mack. You don't have to be fine. You don't have to be strong for us. We can be strong for you for a change" Barry told her.

She didn't really know what to say to that, so she didn't say anything.

The two just laid there. Barry played with her hair with one hand and held her hand with the other, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

Barry tried to remember if he had ever seen Mackenzie cry.

Once.

When he had been a total asshole and called her a murderer while she was having a mental breakdown. He was in such a haze that he barely remembered it.

But this was a different kind of crying.

This was a broken crying.

This had something to do with the Radiometa situation.

His thoughts were interrupted by Mackenzie's voice.

"Barry?" She sighed quietly

"Yeah love?" He murmured

"I love you. I don't say it enough. I love you, and I'm sorry" She said tiredly. Even though she was exhausted, she looked ever-so-beautiful to Barry.

"I love you too Mackenzie" Barry nudged her face with his nose gently so that he could see her. "So please don't be sorry. About anything. However this whole thing goes, I won't ever be sorry for a single moment I've spent with you. I hope you aren't either" Barry said to her. Mack ran a hand through Barry's hair as she looked at him. He was so beautiful. He was way more than Mack deserved. And she was hopelessly in love with him.

"How did I ever get so lucky?" Mackenzie smiled, something undoubtably only Barry could get her to do in this moment. "I've never been much of a hopeless romantic, but Bartholomew Henry Allen I am completely, absolutely, hopelessly in love with you" She sighed before kissing him