CHAPTER 3: THE PARTY

SONITHA P.O.V.:

Me and Sulu headed to the breakfast table. This time, all the boys were already at the table. We picked up our food and sat with them. I appreciated them "Good boys. You're here for breakfast."

Karan said "Now that the girls have already ordered us, we need to." The other boys agreed. Soon the other girls joined us and after we completed our breakfast, we headed to our classes.

The classes started and in the second class, Rahul whispered "Sonitha, Kushal, shall we sneak out ? This Professor Vishal is do damn boring."

Kushal said "I know right. I'm feeling so sleepy."

I said "Shut up, you can't sneak out through out the year and there's nothing we can do after sneaking out. The others will be busy with their classes."

They both started dozing off after some time. I didn't know what to do. I was sitting between both of them and they were on the verge of sleeping. I said  "Guys, come on. Stay awake for just 20 more minutes. Then we'll be out."

Rahul said "Shut up Sonitha, I really want to sleep."

Kushal said "Exactly, I'm so damn sleepy too. This professor's lecture is sounding more like a lullaby to me." I looked at them unbelievably.

The class got over after 20 minutes and as soon as we got out of the class Kushal exclaimed "Thank god. We're out. That fellow is so damn boring."

I said "And you guys were trying to sleep all the time. You'll need to bare this torture every Thursday and Friday. We'll have his class on both the days."

Rahul said "Oh ! Thank God. More time to sleep."

I asked "How will you learn for your exams if you sleep in the classes ?

Kushal answered "You're there to teach us right." Before I said anything, they both diverted me and dragged me to the canteen.

We met everyone there. We got seated with our lunches. Shefali asked Nia "Nia, did the Karina and gang trouble you yesterday ?"

Nia nodded in a no and said "No. They all ran away and Karina was pissed off and she got angry and broke some of her stuff, other than that, everything was good. Thanks to you girls."

All the girls at the same time said "No thanks and No sorry in friendship." We looked at each other and laughed.

Divya asked "What are you people wearing to the party tomorrow ?"

Shefali said "I don't know. I'll need to check my clothes." It was the same case with the rest of us too.

We attended classes in the afternoon and then went to our rooms as we needed to select our outfits.

Next day :

We all sat at the breakfast table after picking up our breakfast from the counter. All of us were excited about the party in the evening. I looked at Kushal who was uninterested in both, the discussion and breakfast.

Being involved in the party discussion, I didn't think about it. We moved to the classroom for our classes and Kushal still seemed too distracted and some what sad. I made a mental note to talk to him about it.

In the lunch time, we picked up our lunch and sat at the table. I said "Guys, please excuse me and Kushal. We'll be back in a few minutes." Kushal looked at me in confusion and I dragged him to the garden with our lunch in our hand.

Kushal asked me "What happened Sonitha ? Why did you drag me out ?"
I made him sit and I sat beside him.

I asked him "Kushal, you look distracted today. I mean, this is not the way you are everyday. I know that I've hardly known you for 2 days but it's more than enough to guess that something is wrong. See, if you want to share something with me, you can."