CHAPTER 4 : LAME RULES

SONITHA P.O.V.:

Yesterday's event at the party got me upset. I hate Manish and he knows it. I'm sure his proposal wasn't genuine. Even if it was genuine, he should have proposed in personal. He embarrassed me infront of the whole college.

I sat on my bed with a novel in my hand. Sulu was taking her bath. I had decided that I won't go to college today. Though I was having the novel in my hand, I wasn't paying attention to it as my mind kept drifting to yesterday's events.

I felt someone shaking me. I came out of my thoughts and noticed Sulu. She asked me "Don't you want to go to the college today ? Go and get dressed up."

I put the novel aside and answered her "I don't feel like going to college. You go ahead."

She asked me "Is it because of that bastard Manish ?" I looked down and nodded.

She lifted my face to face her by my chin and said "Have you lost it ? Where is the Sonitha I met ? The Sonitha I met was brave. I don't want you to sit here like a coward. Dude, you'll need to face everyone one or the other day. I don't want any arguments. You are coming to the college." Before I could protest, she pushed me into the washroom. Left with no option, I got dressed up for college.

We headed to the canteen first and after having our breakfast headed to the campus. Me and Sulu were walking through the lobby when we saw a crowd around the notice board. I asked her "What do you think the notice is ?" She shrugged her shoulders. We went towards the notice board.

Before we could go through the crowd and check the notice, me and Sulu were pulled back by Kushal and Vikas respectively. Kushal said "Nitya, we're getting late for the class. Let's go."

I looked at Sulu and Vikas who were talking in whispers. When they noticed me and looking at them, they shrugged their shoulders and gave a bright smile. Something is fishy.

Kushal dragged me and I said "Kushal, lemme see the notice right."

Kushal said "We cam check it later." As we walked through the lobby, I could feel people staring at us.

I asked him "Why are people staring at us ?"

He answered "At you. You're so pretty that they can't take eyes of you. Now, let's go." I was confused. Were people staring at me because of the last night's events.

We went to the class and there was only one student in the class. Kushal asked him "Where are the other students and the professor ?"

The student answered "All classes are cancelled because there is a management meeting today. It seems some rule notice will be put up by the afternoon." We nodded and went to the garden where our gang was seated.

They all were discussing something very seriously but the moment they noticed me, they stopped their discussion.

I asked them "Why did you stop your discussion? What were you discussing about ?"

"About the rules"
"Planning a trip."
"Holidays list" Answered Nia, Shefali and Rahul all at once.

Divya justified "We were discussing about all those topics. Don't think much. These people just got confused."

Now I knew that there is something else. I told them "What's the real issue ? Why are you hiding it from me ? Is it related to yesterday's party issue ?" They all looked down and nodded.

Karan came to me and said "Sonitha, I don't know how you're going to take this issue. All I can say is that you need to be strong and react appropriately." I nodded and they handed over a print out to me.