CHAPTER 7: REVELATIONS

Sonitha P.O.V.

Before I blanked out, I saw a number of events flash before my eyes. I tried to make sense of those events but it just increased my headache. All I remember before I blanked out was people calling out for me and me falling into Kushal's arms.

Kushal P.O.V.:

I saw Nitya fall weak and faint. I held her before she fell to the ground. Mom said "Let's take her to the hospital immediatly." I nodded and picked her up in my arms.

The bonding and the connection between us grew so strong that I felt like she was my Nitya. With so many feelings inside me, I along with Inseperable10 and my parents, take her to the hospital.

At the hospital, she was taken into the emergency room. I sunk into the chair behind me. Vikas comforted me. Sulu informed "I called her parents and they told me that they're taking the next flight to Mumbai." I nodded.

As soon as the doctor came out of the emergency room, we rushed to him. Karan asked "Doctor, is she fine ? What happened to her ?"

The doctor replied " We can't say. This isn't a normal case of fainting. I assume that she fainted due to some pressure in her brain. I have called a specialist who'd handle her case. I wanted to ask, did she meet with any accidents that injured her brain ?" The doctor asked.

Sulu replied "Doctor, we don't know. We're just her college friends. Her mom and dad are flying here soon. They'd be knowing." The doctor nodded and left.

After a few hours, her parents arrived. All of us stood up. Mom asked Auntie "Did she meet with any accident that injured her brain ? Actually, the doctor was asking so."

Auntie replied "Yes. She met with one 5 years ago." Mom and Dad looked at me and I had a questioning look on my face. There were do many queries taking birth in my head.

I took out my phone and opened Nitya's picture. I showed it to Sonitha's mom and Dad. Uncle said "This is Sonitha about 5 years ago. How do you have her picture ?"

Dad told them "She's our daughter who died in an accident."

Both auntie and uncle looked shocked. Auntie recovered from the shock and said "Actually, she's not our daughter. She's your daughter."

Those few words bought life into me but my doubt was how is she my Nitya.

Uncle said "Actually, in the accident 5 years ago, we took her and another girl who met with an accident to the hospital. The other girl died and Sonitha, due to the injury to her brain, lost her memory. We contacted the police and tried to find out about her family and we couldn't." He paused.

I was all ears. Now that I know, my Nitya is still alive, I was so related. Auntie continued "We had no kids. She had no one too as the search for her family lasted for a month and the search went in vain. We took her to our home and gave her a name and a family. She didn't even know her name when she came to us and she didn't even think about her past."

Sulu asked "But Kushal, how did you assume Sonitha, I mean Nitya dead ? I mean you did see her dead body right."

I answered "Sulu, the girl's face was destroyed and disfigured. We couldn't even imagine it was our Nitya. The girl wore the same dress as Nitya that day. So, we thought it was Nitya."

Happiness was evident on Mom's and Dad's face. After all, our Nitya is back. My twin, their daughter. Dad said "Let's inform the doctor and see what we'll need to do further."

We went and informed the doctor. The doctor told us that Nitya might get her memories back. He told us some medical theories that I couldn't understand a bit of. All I cared was for my Nitya's safety.

The nurse came in and told us that Nitya was gaining conscious. I was the first one to rush to her room. I had so many questions. Will she get her memory back ? Does she remember me ?

I went to her room and sat beside her while taking her hand into mine. I softly called out for her. She opened her eyes and looked around and then at me. She, in her weak voice said "Kushal." I smiled at her.

She looked at mom and dad. She addressed them as mom and Dad. Now, I'm sure that she's got her memory back. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes. I smiled through my tears. I asked her "Nitya, do you remember what happened 5 years ago ?"

She thought for a while. I asked her not to stress herself. She spoke "Yeah. I do. That day, when I went to shopping, I took Rhea with me. We were crossing the road and there was a truck that came and hit us. I don't know what happened after that." She paused and asked for water. I made her sit and mom gave her water. Rhea was Nitya's bestie back then. Rhea was an orphan and she studied in our school with scholarship.

She continued "When I woke up, I didn't remember anything. I thought that they were my mom and dad. I remember everything that happened in these 5 years."

I took her into a hug and she hugged me back. It was our reunion after 5 years. There were still some doubts that I had. I seperated from the hug and asked "Nitya, was it Rhea who wore the same dress as yours on the day of shopping ?" Nitya nodded.

She asked "Where is Rhea now and what happened to her ?"

I didn't know how to reveal this to her. I didn't know how she'd react. Gathering courage, I told her " Nitya, I need you to be strong. Rhea died in that accident and because her face was totally destroyed and she wore the same dress you did and we didn't know, we thought she was you. We didn't know that she was Rhea."

She looked at the ground and a tear rolled down her cheek. I rubbed the tear off. She looked up. She turned her face to uncle and Auntie. She said "Shikha maa, Papa, Thank you for everything all these years. You've done so much for me. I can never forget you and you both will always be my Shikha maa and Papa."

They came forward and hugged Nitya. Auntie said "We'll miss you baccha." I moved back to give them some privacy. The three of them shed some tears.

They seperated. Mom went to Shikha maa, as Nitya calls her and said "Shikha ji, I'm so thankful to you for taking care of Nitya so far. We don't know what would've happened to her of you weren't there. She will always be your daughter too." They smiled and hugged each other. Dad and Uncle too hugged.

Nitya shouted "Kushal !!!" I closed my ears with my hands.

I exclaimed "The devil is back." She pouted and turned her face away.

I went to her anf made her face me. I said "Nitya, it doesn't matter if you irritate me. It's okay if you shout at me. It's okay if you punch me. It's okay if you fight with me. All I want is you to be with me. I missed you so much throughout the 5 years. There wasn't a moment when I didn't think about. Do anything, but, stay with me. I love you Nitya." She hugged me and I hugged her back. Both of us smiled through our tears. The sibling bond was rebuilt.

I looked at Inseparable10. They smiled at us and I smiled back. I was happy to have my Nitya back. There was so much that I need to share with her. I talked with the doctor and asked him about her discharge and took her to our house as I knew she hated hospitals. I asked her to rest and promised her that we'll talk tomorrow.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Everything is revealed now ! I hope you liked the chapter.

Please vote, comment and share.