CHAPTER 5 : BONDING BETTER

SONITHA P.O.V.:

As it was a Sunday, Kushal and Vikas had planned to shift in today, we decided to go in the afternoon.

It was 9 in the morning and I had to call Mom as she strictly instructed me to call her every weekend. She's a little too concerned about me and she was hesitant in sending me here and dad had to convince Mom.

I tried to wake up Sulu. I've been calling out for her since the past five minutes. I called out again "Sulu, get up yaar. We need to go for breakfast."

She pulled the pillow onto her face and shouted "Shut up yaar Soni. Let me sleep on a Sunday."

I pulled the blanket off her and the pillow and said smirking"Fine then. I thought we could help Vikas shift in. But if you want to sleep, I'll go help him."

My trick worked and she instantly woke up. I asked her "You really like Vikas ?"

She looked down while she blushed and answered "I don't know. I think I like him. I have a special feeling for him. I don't know if he likes me though."

I teased her "So, Sulu is in love huh ? Chill yaar. Vikas likes you too. Remember how he got shy yesterday ? It'll just take time for him to express it."

She asked me "Tell me one thing. You told me that you don't believe in love. Then, how are you supporting me and fixing me uo with him ?"

I replied "Sulu, what happened in the past is in my life. If you get a good guy, why should I stop you. You believe in love and that is all that matters right. I shouldn't impose my views on live over you. As far as I've known Vikas in the past few days, he's a good guy and has all the qualities that you wanted in your Mr. Perfect. "

She hugged me and said "You know, you're the best friend I've always wanted. I love you so much."

I hugged her back and said "You too are the best best friend and I love you too. Now get dressed up, we need to help your boyfriend."

She said "He's not my boyfriend yet. And yeah, shut up okay." I giggled and sent her to take bath.

After Sulu got ready, we all went down to the canteen. Everyone was already seated there. I teased Sulu about Vikas. When Vikas noticed Sulu, he looked at her and only at her as we walked to the table. All of us except Sulu and Vikas coughed and the both of them came out of their trance.

Sulu looked down and blushed. We sat at the table. Divu said "Guys, you know what. Me and Shefu are cousins."

Rahul asked "What ? Why didn't you inform that to us ?"

Shefu replied "We ourselves got to know that yesterday night. Me and Divu were showing each other our childhood pictures and I saw a picture which I too had in my phone and I was there in that picture too."

Divu continued "And since it's been years since we met, she didn't realize that I was the same Divya and vice versa. So that's our story."

Arjun said "Happy realisation cousins. So, we've got real family members too."

Karan said "What do you mean by real family members huh ? We too are real family members."

Nia said "Yea. Let me explain. Sonitha and Kushal represent sibling love. Shefu and Divu are sisters, Karan and Arjun are brothers, Rahul and me are siblings again. Sulu and Vikas are a couple. So it's a family right."

Sulu and Vikas yelled "What ?"

Vikas exclaimed "We're not a couple okay. Come on guys. Just friends."

Sulu "Exactly. Why do your even think that we're a couple ?" She asked in the end.

Rahul said "Let me explain this. The way you both look at each other. The way Sulu blushes when we tease her. The way Rajat shies away when we tease him. The cute eye locks. These make us think that you're a couple."

I said "Wah Wah. You're a romantic person Rahul. You're details are so precise."

He said "Rahul, naam to suna hoga.(You would've heard my name) The romance king." He meant that Rahul is Sharukh Khan's on screen name and Sharukh Khan's the romance king which indirectly meant that he's the romance king. We laughed.

We then helped Kushal and Vikas shift in. Luckily, girls were only allowed into boys dorms in the day and we needed to make an entry for that too, which is very much annoying.

Kushal informed me that his mom and dad were coming to meet me as they're going to Chennai today evening. We met them in the garden. Kushal introduced Inseparable10 to his parents. His mom came to me and said "Beta, I'm leaving Kushal in my Nitya's hands. I trust you and I know that you'll take good care of him " I nodded and smiled at her. She kissed my forehead.

She went to Kushal and said "That goes to you to Kushal. Take care of my Nitya okay. Don't hurt her and don't let anyone hurt her." He nodded and we three shared a group hug. Uncle too joined us.

They say friends became our chosen family. Kushal really became my family and gave me another family. We all excused ourselves to call our families and tell them about the amazing friends that we've found for ourselves.

Me being an emotional fool, I had tears in my eyes while I told mom and dad about my new family.

I shared a sisterly connection with the girls and a brotherly connection with the boys. They had become my family in a matter of hardly a week. Someone quoted 'It doesn't matter about the time that you've spent with a person. What matters is the connection you share with them and how much you love each other.' I must agree. That's true.

1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and I'm glad I found these people.

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Hey guys !!! Here's the new chapter. Please tell me if you like it.

If anyone can make a cover page, I'd be glad. If anyone is interested, please do tell me. I'll give you the cast details.

Please vote, comment and share.