Dreams

In case you forgot, what happened to Annabeth and Percy in Tartarus will be different to what the book says okay.

----------------------------------------------

Percy POV

I lay down on my bed and hoped that when I fell asleep I wouldn't have nightmares about my time in Tartarus. Well I didn't have nightmares but I had something just as worse.

Demigod dreams. Messages from the gods. Messages from the people who promised to leave me alone. But I knew it was false hope, the gods can't keep a promise if their lives depended on it.

Anyway my first dream went like this-

I was lying on a beach gazing out at the ocean, I immediately recognized it as the beach I went to while at camp. I glanced down to see I was only wearing a pair of jeans.

I examined my bare chest and slowly traced each and every scar that I had. 'these were from when Kronos whipped me in Tartarus, this one was from when I tried to escape and he stabbed me with a poisoned jagged knife then dragged the knife across my stomach.' I silently thought to myself.

My six-pack and muscles are hidden behind hundreds of knife scars and burn marks. 'This is why I always wear a shirt'. I sigh quietly and go back to looking at the ocean.

Suddenly I can sense 12 powerful auras coming from somewhere behind me. I don't need to turn around to realize it's the Olympians. I am still mad that Hades and Hestia aren't allowed on the council ...

I don't even bother standing up or turning around I just nod my head in greeting, showing them that I know they're there.

I sense them walk closer to me and sit down on the beach next to me. We sit there for a few minutes just looking out into the ocean.

"What do you want?" I question, breaking the silence. My question is aimed at Zeus but it is Athena who answers.

"Tartarus is rising.."

I freeze, I can sense the others noticing how tense I am just from that one statement. Apollo, who is sitting on my right, puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Tartarus wants revenge on the gods and demigods for defeating his wife, Gaea." Ares elaborates for me. "Most specifically one demigod, you."

"So now you need me to save the world again huh?"

"Well that's the thing," Athena continues, "Tartarus doesn't want war, he doesn't want control of the earth. All he wants is revenge."

"So he captures us, tortures us and then kills us? Is that the plan?"

"Well..." Ares begins.

"NO!" Poseidon shouts from somewhere off to my left. "He is not going to capture us, torture us or kill us. We will stop him."

"How? What is going to happen? Tartarus has every single monster in existence on his side right now, we have 14 gods and 1 demigod. You can't seriously be expecting other demigods to fight, they are not in good enough shape to fight, they have just finished a war!" I shout at them.

Silence. So I continue.

"Wouldn't allowing someone to get captured be easier? Give them want they want. Give them a few people in exchange for keeping millions of people safe. Isn't that a better solution?"

Hephaestus chuckles dryly, "Even after years of sacrificing yourself to save the world you are still thinking about how to save as many people's lives as possible."

I decide to ignore the comment, luckily for me Aphrodite cuts him off.

"So how is my favorite mortal couple Sally Jackson and Paul Blofis doing!! Are you still staying with them?" she squeals.

"Mum and Paul still love each other a lot but I don't know where they are. About a week ago our apartment was ransacked and they were taken. I don't know where they went or who took then but based on recent information I would say Tartarus took them as bait." I mentally curse my stupid fatal flaw, personal loyalty... uh.

"What do you mean they were taken!? Where are you staying?" My dad questions.

"Well I was ... captured.. by this group if weirdos called 'The Avengers'. So I am staying with them. They have been 'interrogating' me on stupid stuff like my skills. Honestly the only reason why I haven't broken out of there yet is because they are giving me free food and accommodation."

"'The Avengers'.. what do they want with you?" Hermes asks me.

"They want me to join their avengers team, to save the world and stuff."

"Join, and then they could help us." Athena exclaims, her brain already figuring out battle strategies and plans on how they could help us win.

I sigh, "Fine.."

"Tell them about our world.. Tell them your story. It would be good for you to make friends again." Apollo whispers in my ear. I shiver slightly from the hot breath in my ear and decide to ignore the butterfly's that erupt in my stomach.

"Okay fine, but let me go to sleep and I'll figure it out."

With that said my dream erupts into a cloud of smoke and I fall into my next dream.

I am sitting at a poker table with all of my friends that had died from the war. Thalia, Nico, Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Leo, Piper, Travis, Connor, Clarrise, Will solace and Tyson.

"Umm hello?" I say, I have to be hallucinating because you can't get dreams from people in the underworld ..

"Hey seaweed brain." Annabeth smiles at me. Before I can stop myself I pounce on her and kiss her passionately. She responds enthusiastically and it is a few minutes before we break apart for breath.

I can hear wolf-whistles from behind me, Leo's voice comes clear as rain as he says, "Nice to see you too Percy.."

I can sense Piper smack Leo, "Idiot. He obviously missed Annabeth a lot because they are in love and Annabeth died. It's as sad and romantic as Romeo and Juliet!" Piper squeals happily before kissing Jason happily.

I turn around and my catch up with my friends. They tell me about being in Elysium and I talk about the next war coming..

"I think you should join the avengers," Annabeth states with a wise and thoughtful look on her face. Because Annabeth told me to I decided that as soon as I woke up I would become an Avenger.

"Okay"

"Also, you have to promise me that you will live a long and happy life. Promise me you won't try to commit suicide and come down here to be with me. Furthermore promise me that if you meet someone ... don't completely push them away just for me. I want you to be happy and if that means being with someone else.... well I am happy to share you." Annabeth smiles at me sadly.

I gape at her, did she seriously think that I would get together with some other girl!? Really?

Before I can reply to her my dream blows up into a cloud of smoke and I wake up.

I look around the room at the grey color on the walls, and smile. Because now I know that my wise girl is waiting for me.

Now time to join the group of 'superheroes'.