Screams in the Night

Percy POV

I had such great day. I actually relaxed! I haven't had a relaxing day free from fear in a long time. I say goodnight to Steve and walk into my room.

Upon entering my room I sense someone in the shadows. I immediately tense up and stuff my hand into my pocket feeling riptide.

The figure emerges and I instantly know that they're a minor god by the aura surrounding them. He grins at me and to my borrow I recognize him.

"Morpheus, minor god of sleep/dreams.." I mutter under my breath.

"Ahh, yes. You remember me, that's good.." He grins evilly. I scowl.

"Yes I remember you, I also remember that you aided Kronos through the Second Titan War."

"Oh yes. Then you remember that I am not on the side of the Olympians. Even if we now get some respect because of your wish I still don't like the Olympians."

I stare at him blankly trying not to give away what I'm thinking and trying not to show any emotion.

"You know," He continues, "As the god of dreams I can make you sleep peacefully."

I stare at him in shock. Is he offering to give me a peaceful sleep? If he is going to help me then why did he make a big deal about NOT being on the Olympian's side?

"-But I can also make you suffer.. For example make I can give you a curse which means every time you close your eyes you will relive your lowest moments. And the best part is that your body will feel all of the pain that you felt in that moment..."

My face goes back to its blank state with no emotion. How could I have been so stupid? Of course he is going to torture me as much as possible.

"Why are you doing this? Who do you work for?" I question him while giving him my wolf glare.

He drops his gaze as I grin victoriously. Obviously he is scared of my glare and that's why he can't meet my eyes.

"I am working for Tartarus. As for the reason I am doing this.. Well, I like being under Tartarus's rule and he wants to break you. I will break you mentally... Goodbye Perseus.." He sneers before fading back into the shadows and leaving me to my cold dark room.

I think about what he said, if he can do that.. Then I will be reliving everything that I felt in my weakest moments...

That would be torture.

Luckily it was only a threat and he didn't actually do it. I just need to be wary of getting on his bad side even more because I do NOT want that kind of torture..

Putting that thought to the back of my mind I quickly made sure that no-one else was in my room before climbing into my bed.

The moment my head hit the pillow I was out like a light. Unfortunately that just meant more flashbacks..

-flashback starts-

I look around my empty cell that I have just been roughly shoved into. I have just finished my torture session with Kronos and am being stashed here for the night.

Every time a torture session ends I am brought to a different cell (so that I don't memorize how to get out and break out of this 'prison'). Obviously they need smarter guards because I recognize this cell.

It's the first cell I was brought to that was back when I still had hope of leaving and I memorized the exits to the outside world from this cell. Luckily for me I still remember how to get out. Now you might be thinking 'How do you know it's the same cell?'. It's simple really, I recognize the slightly raised stone on the floor from when I had tried to escape by ripping up the floor.

That plan failed pretty quickly.

I stand up before immediately slamming back onto the floor. I forgot that my right leg was broken and sticking out at a very abnormal angle..

In anger, frustration and pain I collapse on the floor and cry. Yes, the 'hero of Olympus' is crying. Well if you were in this situation you would realize how hopeless it is and start crying too.

Because I am too busy letting out my emotions I don't realize that my powers are at work. I subconsciously extract the water from the water vapor in the air and settle it on my body. The water immediately fixes all of my wounds and give me renewed energy.

I stop crying as I look down and realize that I am completely healed. My first thought was, 'How the hell did that happen?'. But I quickly realized that I had bigger problems.

I easily slip through the bars (months of complete starvation and only one bowl of rice every two days have made me really skinny allowing me to easily move through the crack in the bars). I glance down the long stone corridor and quickly run down and make a sharp right.

Going completely off of memory and instinct I weave in and out of the hallways with the sole goal of getting out and finding my wise girl.

Every guard a pass I glare at them and let my instincts take over. Raising my hands I harden my glare and use my powers to control the water in his body. I increase the speeds of the water until he passes out and then I continue like nothing happened.

Some of the other prisoners that I didn't even know existed glanced at me in shock. But most were too tired to even raise their heads let along speak. All of the others were already unconscious.

My fatal flaw instantly kicked in. How could I leave these poor people to themselves? The answer is simple, I couldn't.

I take control of the water in the guards' bodies and they are immediately unlocking every cell.

"Run for your lives!" I holler at them, the conscious ones get up and run behind me to the exit.

I burst through the doors but don't stop. Completely following my instincts I wind up in front of an extremely old building made of branches from broken trees. I don't know why I'm here but I slam open the door and stomp inside.

The first thing I notice is Annabeth, she looks just like I left her. At first I am confused. 6 months have passed .. Who does she look exactly the same? Then Kronos's words echo in my head. 'One day in Tartarus is equivalent to 6 months in this private prison...'

I glance at Annabeth again and not that there are no signs of torture. That's good. My expression soon turns sour as I notice that my wise girl is being dragged by her wrists to a whipping post.

I growl in frustration.

"Let her go!" I yell. Suddenly arms are grabbing me and pinning me down. I would be beating the sh** out of them but breaking out of my previous prison has left me drained.

"What do you want.." I growl.

"We were about to have some fun making you girlfriend over their bleed.. But we think that we would have more fun if we made you writhe around in pain instead."

The proceeded to lock me onto the posts. I agree to take Annabeth's punishment in order for them to NOT touch Annabeth.

The first thirty whips I bite my bottom lip, refusing to give these bastards the satisfaction of hearing my pain. During the next hundred whips I can feel my skin battered and mauled.

After 150 whips I let out my first scream of pain. It is so loud that I reckon Zeus on Olympus would be able to hear it. I am about to give up when I glance at Annabeth. She is sweating and trying not to watch me in pain but she meets my eyes and gives me the 'We will get out of this' look and my strength and willpower increase ten fold.

I think I black out from blood loss cause the next thing I remember is Annabeth standing over me smiling down at me and taking care of my wounds.

"Thank you for saving me..." she whispers before the while scene goes dark.

-flashback ends-

My conscious comes back to my body and I try and open my eyes but it's like there's an invisible force keeping my eyes closed.

I barely register that my body is in pain from the whipping from the dream. I don't understand what's going on.

I can feel the invisible force pushing me into another round of what happened in the past.

-dream starts-

The giant war is raging on and I stand watching everything unravel. I can even see myself battling a few giants.

My attention turns to Jason who's neck is snapped at a funny angle. He is lying peacefully next to Piper who has three arrows sticking out of her chest. Seeing them lying next to each other peacefully dead makes my heart twist painfully.

The scene changes to Leo getting stabbed in the back with a poisonous knife.

Nico a few feet away collapses from a huge slash in the chest. Also poisonous.

Frank and Hazel go down together and I watch them desperately whisper to each other in hushed tones as their life forces drain away.

I watch as Thalia gets burned to death by an exploding empousai.

Standing there on the edge of the battle field I watch in horror as I see my wise girl get chocked to death again.

That pushes me over the edge and I throw my head back in a scream.

-dream ends-

I gasp and with all of my energy fight against the invisible force and open my eyes to find the whole team looking down at me with worry evident in their eyes.