Backgrounds

Sorry for the short chapter.. I am very welcome to ideas if anyone has any.

----------------------------------------------

Percy POV

When I woke up and Tony finally said my ACTUAL name I was really happy. Not only that but he finally stopped calling me the name that my friend, Clarrise, called me. Every time he called me 'Prissy' it brought a hole round of painful memories to me.

Everybody leaves my bedroom and we all agree to meet in the kitchen for a chat. 'Cause let's face it.. No one can go back to sleep.

I solemnly get dressed with the memories of how my friends died replaying over and over in my head. Maybe if I was stronger.. Maybe if I was quicker.. I might've been able to save them...

I sigh and walk into the kitchen where the team is waiting for me.

"You have some explaining to do.." Bruce begins.

I sigh.

"It's hard to talk about everything that happened..." I start, I am about to launch into a big lecture of why I can't tell them when Tony cuts me off.

"yeah.. I get it. We all get it. All of us at this table have had a hard life. How about I go first?" Tony then proceeds to tell me all about his life. How his parents were killed and then he moved onto the path of superheroes in order to avenge them. Apparently he also has three movies about him. Cool... I want a movie..

Clint went next, then Natasha, then Bruce, then Steve and finally Thor. Also Steve, Thor and Bruce all have movies.. No fair..

Tony was right, they have all had hard lives. Maybe, just maybe, there are some people in this world that can understand me..

I still don't really feel comfortable re-living the darkest moments of my life and Bruce says that he has an answer for me.

"I have a device that will allow us to see your memories ... If that's okay with you.."

I hesitate. I really want to tell them. They told me everything about them so why can't I return the favor?

I nod slowly and he picks up some equipment from his lab before returning to the kitchen/lounge room and setting up all the equipment.

He plugs in a few wires and then starts attaching stuff to my head.

I, being the ADHD delinquent I am, starting touching and playing with the wires. Dr Banner kept swatting my hand away and trying to get back to his work. I snickered at his annoyed face.

Seriously, I should get an award. The 'first place for being able to annoy every important person/adults in general' award. Yeah, that should be... like... an oscar that I could win. I've always wanted to get an award..

Finally Bruce stops messing around and everyone gathers around the tv. He turns it on and I am surprised to see that it starts from my earliest memories..

My entire life literally flashed before me as I watch the screen with the rest of the team.

We see Gabe, my step-father, beating the fudge out of me.

We see me get bullied at school.

My first quest.

My second quest.

Basically all of my quests and the times at school in between.

We see the Second Titan War, and I have to tear my eyes away from the screen as my friends die.

We then watch Annabeth and I being a couple for three months. Tony and Clint couldn't stop wolf-whistling at me as I try to hide my face in my arms.

We then see me going to the roman camp.

Finally me falling in Tartarus...

Me getting Captured by Kronos, tortured.

Me finding Annabeth.

Getting allies, Bob and Damasen.

Getting the death mist.. Boy that was not fun.

Finally Tartarus appearing before us and the Titan and giant fighting as we fled into the elevator.

Then the Giant war came...

The camps re-uniting with the Athenian Parthenon.

The gods appearing at the original mount Olympus.

The giants popping out of the ground like daisies and attacking us.

My friends.. People from both camps falling left, right and centre. Dead.

As the screen turned black I felt hot tears streaming down my face as I remember all of the people that I've lost in the last few weeks.

Suddenly I feel strong arms circle around me and hug me to their chest. I feel more hands on my shoulders and back soothing me. I don't care anymore. I cry.

I cry and cry. I think of my dead friends. Dead campers. I think of this new threat who wants me for 'revenge'. I think of my parents disappeared to who knows where.

After a few minutes I remember that I'm not alone anymore. I have new friends. Friends that will help me overcome this new threat as well. I will not let them destroy me. I will not let darkness surround me.

I will get up. I will save the world again. I will be happy. I will not let evil win.

With this new resolve I stand up, rip the chords out of my head and stalk over to the window. I gaze out at the New York City skyline and remember all of the good in the world.

I will not let this evil win.