The Fight

Tony POV

I am going to smash this kid. Who does he think he is? I mean ... he told us about the 'wars' and how he was a 'hero', but it was probably all lies.

It has to be a lie, I mean he's only 18!!

I walk into the training room with my suit on. Now I know what you're thinking 'This kid beat all of you before, he can beat you again'. But the time before was just a lucky shot, he caught me off guard. I can beat him ...

As I walk towards the other side of the training room and start to get ready the door creaks open and the kid walks in. No armor on. Nothing. Honestly, does he think he is so good that he doesn't even need armor?

Shaking my head slightly I look up and see the rest of the avengers sitting in the black box room. The room is in the perfect position to watch us fight without distracting us. The room is also made if bulletproof glass so the can't get hurt.

I look back at the kid, Percy, and notice that he is looking at me expectantly. I smirk and send a beam of energy at him. This would be way too easy.

I was utterly shocked when he easily dodges it. No panic at all, he was completely calm as he merely steps out of the way. My jaw drops.. No one is fast enough to dodge a beam going at the speed of light.

I decide to do hand to hand combat instead and I walk up to him and throw a punch. He stops it about an inch away from his face and looks at me like 'this is all you've got I thought you were tough'. I growl.

I am so mad that I can't think clearly at I throw punch after punch at him. I kick, punch, bite.. anything. But I can't even law one finger on his body.

He isn't even fighting back, he doesn't have a weapon he just blocks with his hands and that calm expression plastered on his face. He frustrates me so much.

"Pathetic," I hear him mutter before giving me an uppercut that makes me fly across the room. I am so shocked, with one punch he beats me..

"Well now that that's over where can I get some lunch?" He asks the avengers in the black box room.

I hear all of the avengers coming down and escorting him out while saying stuff like "that was amazing!", "good job!", "somebody needs to deflate Tony's ego!"

I glare at them before peeling off my iron suit and following them to the kitchen. When we get there everybody sits down at the table and start to eat. I get up and make myself some coffee still feeling crap that I lost to a teenager.

I glance behind me and see the teen sitting quietly, he doesn't join in the conversation. Now that I look he has barely touched his food as well. I stand behind him and out my hand on his shoulder. He tenses and moves his hand to his pocket.

"You should eat your food.." I tell him, he looks me dead in he eye and replays with something that shocks me so much.

"Over the last eight months I haven't had a proper meal. I have been literally eating a piece if bread a day or nothing at all. So I'm just not used to actually eating."

Everybody on the table stops and looks at him surprised. He shrugs it off and eats a piece of lettuce.

Suddenly he stands up, "I'm going to go train, if you need me I'll be at the pool." With that he stops off down the hall.

As soon as the door shuts everyone talks all at once.

"Did you see the fight? He's amazing!"

"What did he mean about the food... He can't have been starving for the last eight months, right?"

"I can't believe I saw THE Percy Jackson in action!!"

"I wonder if he could give me some pointers.."

"Poor kid, hasn't eaten properly in months."

I on the other hand was thinking about what other secrets he is hiding.

We only know a few thing about him. He told us about demigods, about the camp and about the two wars that have recently happened. He also said that he fell in Tartarus ... Whatever Tartarus is.

I still had so many questions like, where are his friends? Why isn't he at camp? What is Tartarus? What happened in Tartarus?

So many questions that he just won't answer. He is like an onion ... You need to peal him back one layer at a time.

Percy POV

I walked down to the pool to try out a new technique. Before Annabeth and I fell into .. Tartarus. She was telling me something about the water particles in the air. She also said that all living things have water in them. That everything has at least some water in it.. including blood.

My first new technique is simple enough. All I have to do is control the water in the air. I thrust my hands out in front of me palms up and control he water vapor.

It works better than I excepted. I start using this technique to move objects around the room. It works amazingly well.

At first I move small things like money and tennis balls that are just lying around. Eventually I can move a huge 1 ton block across the whole room, without breaking a sweat.

I start to use this new ability to sense objects around the room. I now know where everything is down to the last speck of dust.

I am pretty proud of myself. Now to try my second idea. This new technique I am pretty wary of.. If it works the thought of so much power scares me slightly.

I go to the corner of the room and find a cockroach, I sense the water running through the blood of the animal and I use that to control it. I make him crawl around the room at my will, he stands up on two legs at me will. I even make him suspend in the air from the water in his blood.

I finally use his blood to kill him from the inside by freezing the water in he blood. The cockroach twitches slightly before just .. Collapsing dead.

I shiver slightly. I can now control blood. I can make any living thing do what I want it to do and I can kill it from the inside...

I vow then and there to never use this ability unless absolutely needed.