The Battle Part 1

I promised myself that I would finish this story before school started again so I have ... like 4 days. I should only have 3 more chapters.

Anyway, here is the story:

----------------------------------------------

Apollo POV

I hear Poseidon mutter about how his son is too young to have seen the things that Percy has seen and I can't help but agree completely. All of our children have to deal with terrors that mortals can't even dream of but Percy... Percy has really seen the worst of our world.

I mean he even fell in Tartarus, even us gods haven't been there (and refuse to go there). Tartarus is the one place that the gods fear, and Percy has survived it.

Anyway after Percy walks away to his position around the camp the gods follow his lead, dispersing to our separate positions.

Now I know what your thinking, 'Why don't you stay in one pack and defeat the monsters together?' Well:

1) the monsters will still be more than us

2) the idea is if I am concentrating on monsters in front and to the left of me, my right side is free. In that case the next god over would cover my right and in front of him, etc.

Also because we gods are just so awesome that we don't need to fight with each other, we can defeat the monsters by ourselves.

I reach my position and I start telepathically talking to Percy.

"Hey, I'm in my position. I should write a haiku about this,

I am Apollo,

I am in my position,

I am so, so cool"

"Yeah, yeah thanks for that Apollo. Wait until I give you the signal okay?"

I smile to myself, someone FINALLY likes my awesome poetry.

I look around and notice that I don't really have anything else to do, so I put some music on inside my head and start dancing.

Suddenly and arrow flys past my head and I dodge just in time. Turning off the music I look to see who would dare and attack me when my eyes land on Artemis, my sister, who is about 50 metres to my right.

I glare at her, and in turn she sends me a message via our twin link.

"Apollo you idiot! Stop dancing like a crazy chicken and TRY to remember that we are in a WAR!"

I huff, but decide to play with my arrows instead of acting like an 'idiot'. Just as I start to clean my tenth arrow I feel a force trying to get into my head. Knowing that it is Percy I let him in.

"Daedalus formation 345, plan start now."

I grin like a child that's just been told christmas has come early, as I walk into the monster camp.

A rustle in the bushes catches my attention as I notch my arrow release it. I watch as that single arrow kills a monster who in turn falls backward and kills two other monsters with the spikes in the monster's back.

I take a look at my surroundings as the monsters start to realize that a god is here and that they should really be fighting instead of hanging up their dirty laundry.

They start to gather about ten metres in front of me and advance upon me. I smile as I walk up to an abandoned open barbeque (wait .. why do the monsters even need to eat food?), out of curiosity I peer inside the barbeque and see ... grilled human heads... yum...