Puppy Love // Lauren

Y/N POV:

I've wanted a puppy for so long now, but Lauren always changes the subject when I bring it up. I thought she liked dogs? I don't get it.

"Lauren seriously. Can we get a puppy? You always change the subject whenever I bring it up."

She sighs;

"Y/N a puppy is a big commitment. And I'm on tour for most of the year, and you work."

"I don't need my job. That's just to have extra money, my clothing company is doing really well now and I just designed the summer line. Come on Lo. Please!"

"I don't know if you can handle it."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I mean that you are barely responsible, like you can't even take care of yourself. I mean look at you."

"Are you fucking serious right now?!" I shout out, ignoring the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Before me and you got together you were a total mess. All you would do is sleep all day, and not go out or clean or eat!"

My breath hitched at this, and the tears finally fell.

"You know damn well why I was like that Lauren. You're the reason why I'm better now but if you can't see that then fuck you. I'm going to Y/B/F/N's house."

"Wait Y/N that's not what I meant."

"That's EXACTLY what you meant."

"Baby please I'm sorry."

"Piss off."

I went upstairs and packed some clothes, and the necessities. I ignored Lauren's pleas and grabbed my car keys, and slammed the door to our house, making my way to my best friends house.

*at best friends house*

"Hey Y/N! What a surprise! I wasn't expecting you."

"Ca-can I stay here tonight?" you asked inbetween sobs.

"Of course sweetie! What's wrong? What happened?"

"I asked Laur-Lauren ab-about getting a puppy again, and she said that I wouldn't be able to ta-take care of him or her be-because I can barely take care of myself, and she brought up my past. Wh-when I was in that slump after my cousin died in that car crash."

"That fucking bitch! What the fuck is wrong with her?!"

"Dude chill. I think she's right."

"No. Don't fucking say that. You would take care of that little puppy so good. Remember when you puppy sat Maggie for Jenna? Mags loved you."

"Ye-yeah but that was o-only for a week."

"And in that week you proved that you could handle it. Lauren is just being a stubborn bitch. Sorry for calling her that but that's how she's acting right now."

"I guess but I still want to know why she won't agree to getting a puppy."

"Wouldn't we all?"

Lauren POV:

God dammit Lauren what the fuck were you thinking?! You know how sensitive she is about her past! You fucking idiot!

I kept thinking to myself. Fuck I really screwed up this time. I'm so freaking stupid! I should have just said yes to getting a puppy then I would have my girl, and an adorable little companion with me right now.

I didn't mean any of what I said. I'm the one that isn't ready. Getting a puppy is like having a really hairy child. I don't know, and I feel like she'll give the puppy more attention than she'll give me.