Ginny's Birthday

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Ginny’s Birthday

  I woke up with a smile on my face. Today was the day I was going to see George again. I grinned more with just the thought and looked at my clock. Two hours until he picked me up. I was actually surprised I had slept in but that just meant a shorter wait for George to be here. My heart raced with excitement and I sprung out of bed.

            I haven’t been this excited since Chris and I were together. I had forgotten what this felt like. I felt like dancing and I actually did while I made my way to the bathroom. I sang while I was in the shower and danced more as I got dressed. This was definitely something I could get used to. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and put on some eyeliner then straightened out the purple sundress I put on. I saw my scars were exposed and I quickly grabbed a bracelet and hid them with it. I then sighed and glanced at the clock. An hour to go.

            I fixed myself something to eat while I waited then sat down on my bed. I wished time would hurry up. I just wanted to see George already. At exactly one, there was a knock on my door and I jumped up. I took a deep breath before I opened the door and smiled at the man standing there.

            “Hey, Danni.” George grinned at me. “Ready to go?”

            I nodded. “Yeah. Just let me grab my purse.” I went to my nightstand and grabbed my purse. I then went back over to George and said, “Let’s go.”

            After I locked my door, George grabbed my hand and we apparated to the Burrow. The giant marquee was gone and the horizon looked beautiful around the home. George let go of my hand and smiled at me. “Come on. I’ll introduce you to everyone.” He said and led the way into the house.

            “George, dear, where did you go off to?” A red haired, short, plump woman asked as we walked into the kitchen. The kitchen had a large wooden table with eight chairs around it and there was a fireplace with a thing of Floo Powder next to it. A clock was in the room too and was very interesting. Instead of saying the time, it said “You’re late” or “Time to fee the chickens”. There was a perch outside a window for an owl and there were doors around the room leading to different areas of the house.

            “I went to get Danni.” He answered her and looked at me. “Danni, this is my mother Molly.”

            Mrs. Weasley smiled at me and said, “Nice to meet you, dear. You’re Fleur’s cousin, right?”

             I nodded. “Yes I am.”

            “I saw you at the wedding but you left before we could meet.”

            I got nervous. “I just wanted to get home. The Death Eaters made me nervous and I wanted to get some sleep.”

            She nodded. “I completely understand.”

            “George! Bringing home the Veela. Nice.” Fred commented as he came into the room with a brown haired girl.

            “She’s here for Ginny’s birthday.” George told his twin. “Danni, you know Fred but this is Marisa Black. She lives with us.”

            The girl smiled at me and we shook hands. She was about my height and had blueish-green eyes and was pretty. “Nice to meet you.”

            “You too.” I smiled at her.

            “Where’s everyone else?” George asked his mom.