The Truth

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, Turner, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Truth

            My eyes short open and I took a deep breath like I always did after George ripped my heart out in the nightmare. It was now Wednesday the twenty-second and George and I still weren’t talking. Well, I wasn’t talking to him. He tried talking to me but I never said a word and that was killing me. I missed him but didn’t know what to say and make my voice sound fine and my face looking “happy”. I felt Arianna lying next to me and I saw that Ginny and Marisa were still asleep. It was pitch black in the room and the clock said it was three in the morning.

            I sighed and grabbed my wand before heading out of the room. I knew there was some Dreamless Sleep Potion in the bathroom on the second floor and I desperately needed some. Sleep would go smoother without George breaking my heart. I turned on Lumos once I was on the stairs and walked down to the bathroom. I rummaged through the bottles in the cabinet and soon found the last of the purple potion. I sighed with relief that no one had taken it and I turned to leave the room.

            “Last bottle of that, huh?” George’s voice said from the door and I jumped. He came into view and I saw that he was in his pajamas. His bare chest was exposed and he was in a pair of boxers. I missed seeing him like this and my heart fluttered.

            “Yeah.” I said and I was actually surprised I was able to say something to him without my voice cracking. He looked just as surprised as me and I wanted to keep this going. Show him I could be strong about this. “You can have it if you need it.” I handed the bottle to him.

            He shook his head. “No. You got to it first. I’ll just live with my dreams.”

            “Well I can take a drink up in my room then you can take the bottle and use it in yours.” I suggested and my heart was racing.

            “No. It’s fine. You go ahead and use it.” He smiled at me. “I hope it works for you.”

            I brought my arm to my side and said, “Me too.”

            It was silent between us and he was just staring at me. I figured since I had talked to him that it was enough so I headed out the door. He grabbed my hand and I looked up into his eyes. He was looking down at me and he said, “I dream of you in my arms.”

            My heart jumped and I took a deep breath. “I dream of you ripping my heart out.”

            He let go of my arm and I watched the hurt cross his face. I walked passed him and went back upstairs. I turned off Lumos and sat down on my bed. Arianna was still sleeping and so were Marisa and Ginny. I sighed as I looked down at the bottle in my hand. I opened the lid and took the last of it. I then lied down on the bed and closed my eyes. The potion quickly set in and I was soon asleep.

            It was light when I woke up and I was alone in the room. The clock said it was noon and I took a deep breath. Apparently the Dreamless Sleep Potion worked. I got out of bed and looked through my suitcase for some clothes. I got on a pair of jeans and a tank top and shoes before going down the stairs. I could hear Muriel in the library and Ollivander in his room as I walked through the second floor then Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and Marisa in the living room as I headed down there.

            “Well, look who decided to get up.” Ginny joked as I entered the room.

            I laughed. “Yeah. I took the Dreamless Sleep Potion. Nightmares were racking my brain.”