Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

            The light coming in my window woke me up the next morning. I groaned and stretched out on my bed. My leg rubbed someone else’s and my head was resting on their chest. I became nervous. I half expected George to sneak out after I fell asleep. I don’t know why, but I did. I was actually even nervous to let him stay the previous night but I didn’t want the night to end and neither did he. I haven’t slept in the same bed as a guy for almost a year now. Was I moving too fast? I loved Chris so much but I couldn’t dwell in the past. But it hasn’t even been a year since he died. I really liked George, though, and I felt safe with him.

            I sighed and sat up. The giant stuffed dog George won me at the carnival was on the bed by me and I moved it onto my lap. I looked into his plastic eyes and smiled; remembering the night events. It was the best night I’ve had since Chris proposed. I bit my lip and looked down at the sleeping boy next to me but he wasn’t sleeping anymore. He was smiling up at me he touched my back.

            “Good morning.” He said.

            “Good morning.” I echoed and I sat to face him. “How did you sleep?”

            “Good.” He grinned. “Your bed is comfortable.”

            I nodded and laughed softly. “That it is.”

            He sat up and looked into my eyes. “Last night was amazing.”

            “Yeah it was. Who knew that by the end of the night we would fall asleep together?” I grinned.

            “Well we were supposed to watch a movie.”

            I laughed again. “I must confess that I don’t have any movies.”

            His eyes widened and he nodded. “Just trying to get me into bed I see.”

            I shrugged. “Guilty.”

            We laughed and he took my hand. My heart raced and I stared into his eyes. He looked down at my wrist and touched my scars. I watched his fingers trace them and our eyes met. “Are you ever gonna tell me how you got these?”

            I smiled. “Yes but not right now. I have to have some reason for you to stick around.”

            He touched my cheek and said, “I don’t need a reason. You’re stuck with me.”

            My heart raced more and I was breathless. Man this boy knew his way with words. I took a deep breath and got off my bed. “Um… do you want breakfast? I can make us breakfast.” I said nervously as I walked into the kitchen.

            “Sure.” George said and he lied back down on my bed.

            I opened the fridge and said, “I have eggs and bacon in the freezer.”

            “That’s perfect.”

            “Ok.” I took them out of the fridge and started cooking.

            I was nervous. I haven’t had a guy in my apartment ever. Well, except George but we had things to talk about then. Now, it was awkward. We had spent the night together on our first date. I wasn’t sure what to say to him. What would we talk about? We had talked about really everything except all mine were basically lies. Everything about my childhood was lies. I was worried that if I went over there and told him the truth now, he’d leave. He’d hate me. I didn’t want him to hate me. He just told me that I was stuck with him and I was glad about that. Ugh why was this so hard?