The Perfect Gift for George

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Perfect Gift for George

            I woke up on Christmas Eve by myself on the bed. I haven’t woke up alone in weeks. Months. It was definitely something I wasn’t used to. I sat up and looked around my room. George wasn’t there and I creased my eyebrows. I got up and got on a pair of jeans and a sweater and some shoes before leaving my room. I walked across the hall to George and Fred’s room and opened the door.

            “Make it furrier.” Fred said as I walked in. I saw him standing behind George. George was sitting at the desk and was hunched over. “Yeah like that.”

            I stood behind the two and said, “What are you guys doing?”

            Both of them jumped and looked at me. I laughed softly and George stood up. “Danni, you scared us.” He said.

            “I saw.” I laughed. “What are you doing?”

            “Making plans for a new product.” Fred answered and grabbed a piece of paper of the table. He looked at it and said, “Nice work, Georgie.”

            “Let me see.” I took the paper from Fred and looked at it. It was a drawing of a boy’s face going from normal to looking like a lion. I looked up at George and asked, “You drew this?”

            He nodded. “Yeah. I always draw out the products.”

            I looked back at the drawing. “This is amazing. I didn’t know you could draw.”

            “It’s nothing.”

            “It is too something.” I looked back at him. “You’re really good. Why don’t you draw more?”

            He shrugged. “I don’t have the material and it’s really just a hobby.”

            “Well you should definitely do it more often.” I smiled at him.

            “Danni?” Ginny’s voice asked and I turned to look at her. “Marisa and I are going shopping. Do you want to come?”

            I nodded. “Yeah.” I handed George his drawing and kissed his lips. “I guess I’ll be back.”

            “What if Turner’s there?” He asked with a serious face.

            “Then I’ll apparate out.” I smiled. “I’ll be fine.”

            “Yeah. We’ll protect here.” Ginny said and grabbed my arm. I looked at her and she said, “Go get your things. We’ll be waiting in the sitting room.”

            “Ok.” I said and looked back at George. “I promise I’ll be fine. Plus I have to go and get your Christmas present.” I kissed his lips again. “I love you.”

            “I love you too.”

            I left the room and grabbed my purse out of my room. I then met Marisa and Ginny in the living room and put on my jacket before we left. We stood in a street I didn’t recognized and I looked at Ginny. “Where are we?” I asked.

            “Ottery St. Catchpole.” She said. “I thought it’d be better if we shop here than in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. Death Eaters won’t be here.”

            I nodded. “That’s a good idea.”

            We started walking around the small town and going into different shops. I saw things to get everyone in the Weasley family and Fleur and Marisa but I wasn’t sure exactly what to get George. Marisa and Ginny said he’d love whatever I got him but I couldn’t find the perfect gift. I kept racking my brain and nothing came. We soon walked past an art shop and my eyes widened happily. George said he didn’t have the materials for drawing. I smiled big and went inside the shop.

            I looked around the shop and looked at all the art supplies. Ginny and Marisa were soon by me and asked why I was in there. I told them about George not having the material to draw and Ginny said it’d be the perfect gift for him. I smiled more and found a sketch pad. I picked two of them up along with some quills and ink. After I paid for them, the girls and I left the shop and continued to wander the town and talk. We had lunch at a little cafe before we finished shopping and went home.

            I put the gifts I bought in my room and magically locked the door before I went to find George. Him and Fred were still in their room making plans for products. I looked over George’s shoulder and watched him draw. I sighed happily knowing he’d love my present before kissing his cheek. He smiled up at me and kissed my lips. I told him shopping went well before leaving to wrap the gifts. I got some wrapping paper from Mrs. Weasley and went into my room.

            Fred and George then started getting very curious as to what I got them and tried several times to get into my room. I magically set it where they couldn’t apparate in or get in through the door. This made them bang on the door and plead but I ignored them as I wrapped everyone’s gift. First George’s art supplies, then Fred’s paddleball, Ginny’s t-shirt, Marisa’s beanie, Mr. Weasley’s rubber duck, Mrs. Weasley’s cookbook, Bill’s book, Charlie’s dragon figurine, Ron’s box of candy, and Fleur’s perfume. I put Fleur’s, Ron’s, and Bill’s gifts under my bed since they wouldn’t be there for Christmas (Ron was still in hiding so Bill told his parents him and Fleur wanted to spend Christmas alone as newlyweds) and I took the spells off my room. Fred and George barged into the room then and I laughed as I grabbed the gifts.

            “Too late, boys.” I told them as I passed them. “I already wrapped them and you have to wait for the morning.” I walked down the stairs.

            “But Danni. You should just tell us.” Fred begged as him and George followed me.

            “No.” I told them. “You don’t even have to wait that long.”

            “So?” George asked.

            I rolled my eyes. “You guys are like two year olds.”

            “Look who finally caught on.” Fred smiled as we entered the living room.

            I put the presents under the tree and looked back at them. “If you try to find out what these gifts are, I’ll tell your mom.”

            They groaned. “Fine.”

            “That’s better.” I smiled.

            Fred walked passed me into the kitchen and George came over to me. “You won’t tell me just a little hint of what my gift might be?” He asked.

            I shook my head as he wrapped his arms around me. “Nope but I can tell you it’s perfect.”

            He smiled and put our foreheads together. “You’re perfect.” He kissed my lips.

            “Thanks but you’re still not going to know what your gift is until tomorrow.” I grinned.

            He sighed. “You are an evil woman, Miss Delacour.”

            “Look who finally caught on.” I mocked Fred as George and I kissed again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you like what Danni got George? I thought it'd be great. Hope you like the chapter! Sorry if it's short. I worte it in 2 hours and under a lot of tiredness. Going to bed. Night!