The Attack

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Attack

            There was a knock on my door at noon the next day and I smiled; knowing it was George for our lunch date. He had spent the morning working with Fred to make up for the previous day and now we were having lunch together. I straightened my blue sundress and walked over to the door. George was smiling at me when I opened the door and he wrapped his arms around my waist before kissing my lips. I grinned as our lips parted and he looked into my eyes.

            “Hello, beautiful.” He said.

            “Hello.” I pecked his lips. “Where are we having lunch today?”

            “I was thinking we could go to the tea shop again.” I bit my lip and thought about the guy that was there the previous day. George noticed my face and asked, “What? You don’t want to go there? We can go somewhere else.”

            “No. It’s not that.” I rubbed his arm. “There was this guy after you left yesterday. He was coming towards me but I apparated before he could get to me.”

            His eyes turned mad and caring. “Are you ok? Who was it?”

            “I’m fine, George. And I don’t know who it was.”

            “What did he look like?”

            “He had dark hair that’s all I saw.” He let me go and walked over to my bed. I creased my eyebrows and looked at him. “George, what’s wrong?” I sat down by him and touched his arm.

            “Why didn’t you apparate to the Burrow?” He looked into my eyes.

            I shrugged. “I don’t know. I didn’t think it was anything.”

            “What if he would’ve followed you here? What if he hurt you?”

            “But he didn’t and I’m fine.”

            “You should’ve sent me an owl. I would’ve came here…”

            “And protect me from nothing? Fred would’ve loved that.”

            He sighed and held my hand. “I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

            “I know, Georgie. But I thought it was nothing and it was. I didn’t want to worry you.”

            “So you decided to tell me know?” He smiled.

            “Yes.” I smiled and took a deep breath. “I’m sorry. I should’ve sent an owl.”

            He kissed my cheek. “It’s ok. So how about we eat at the Leaky Cauldron instead?”

            I nodded. “Sounds good.”

            The two of us stood up and I grabbed my wand before we left. We walked down Diagon Alley to the Leaky Cauldron and ordered some soup. George was telling me about the orders him and Fred were filling out and I loved watching the excitement in his eyes. He loved talking about the shop and I loved listening to him. After we finished eating, George and I walked down Diagon Alley to Sugarplum’s Sweets Shop and got some Cauldron Cakes for dessert. We then stood outside Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes and looked into the windows.

            “You miss it.” I said. “I can see it in your eyes.”

            He nodded and held my hand. “I just want to work in there again. Seeing everyone’s happy faces and not worrying about what’s going on out here. It’s what everyone needs right now.”

            “I know.” I rubbed his hand and heard a crack from behind us. We turned to see Fred and I sighed. “Is it really time for him to come home?” I pouted.

            Fred looked like he had seen a ghost and he handed George a letter. I looked over his shoulder to see what was going on and it was written in Fred’s handwriting.

            Dad sent his Patronus stating Harry, Ron, and Hermione were seen in the Ministry today. The Order is meeting at the Burrow to talk.

            We both looked up at Fred and George said, “Everyone’s gonna be there?” Fred nodded and George looked into my eyes. “I’m sorry. I have to go.”

            “It’s ok. I’ll just go to my apartment and relax before work.” I faked a smile.

            “Are you sure? You can come with us.”

            I shook my head. “Yeah. I’ll be fine.” I kissed his lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

            “You’ll see me later tonight.” He kissed my lips again. “Bye.”

            “Bye.”

            Fred and George apparated and I threw the rest of my Cauldron Cake away. I walked down the street towards my apartment and noticed something weird. The street was deserted. Ever since I have been there, Diagon Alley has never been empty. My heart started racing and I saw my apartment just four buildings down from where I was. I started walking faster towards my apartment when a guy appeared from around the corner. The closer I got to him, I recognized him to be the man who was at the tea shop yesterday. My heart started racing faster and I took out my wand.

            “Expelliarmus.” The guy said and my wand flew out of my hands. He grinned and said, “Crucio.” I screamed with pain and fell onto the street. The guy walked around me as I screamed then he took the curse off me. I looked up at him and tears built up in my eyes. He bent down and grabbed my face so I looked into his eyes. “Where is he?”

            “Who?” I asked and tears left my eyes.

            “Harry! Harry Potter!” He pointed his wand at my head and I cried more.

            “I don’t know.”

            “You do too! You’re friends with them!” He moved his wand to my left arm and said, “Sectumsempra.” I screamed as he cut my arm then he looked into my eyes. “I’ll stop if you tell me where he is.”

            “I don’t know!” I hit his arm and his wand flew out of his hand and landed by mine.

            “Bitch!” He smacked my face and I groaned.

            He then got up to go get his wand but I grabbed his ankle and he fell to the ground. I quickly got up and started running for my wand but he grabbed me and I fell too; smacking my face against the cement. He started pulling me closer to him and I kicked his face a couple of times before he finally let go. I quickly got back up and ran to my wand. I grabbed my wand and looked back at the man. He threw a knife at me and I quickly apparated but felt a pain in my leg.

            I appeared in George’s living room and he was in there along with Bill, Fleur, Fred, Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, Charlie, and some others I recognized from the wedding. The pain in my leg got worse and I looked down to see the knife sticking out of it. I looked up at George and he stood up quickly. “George.” I muttered as I collapsed to the ground and hit my head on the coffee table.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! Of course. Do you think Danni will be alright? Please comment and vote!