Early Birthday Presents

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, Turner, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Early Birthday Presents

            By Friday, I still hadn’t heard from Henry. My dreams had been consumed of him getting beating by Death Eaters and dying. I’d wake up in cold sweats and I’d be crying. I would try not to wake up George and Fred but either one or both of them would wake up. When it was Fred, he’d joke around and try to make me feel better. It usually worked and I’d fall back asleep to only have the nightmares again. When it was George, he’d hold me in his arms and kiss my head and tell me everything would be ok. I’d cry until I fell asleep but that never stopped the nightmares. When they were both awake, they’d joke around and make me smile. They’d tell stories and act out scenes of plays. I’d laugh then they’d stop and we’d fall back asleep. Sometimes I’d dream about the plays they acted out but other times I’d go back to the nightmare. I’d do this several times during the night and expected them to want me out of the room. Well, at least Fred but neither of them did.

            I jumped awake that morning with sweat covering my body and tears going down my cheeks. It was dark in the room and George and Fred were still sleeping. I got off the bed and sat in the chair by the window like I always did. I pulled my legs close to me and buried my face in my legs to muffle the sound of me crying. I looked at my wrist and traced the scars with my finger. I tried to stop it but the thought of cutting was in my mind. I closed my eyes tight and took a deep breath.

            “He’s not worth it, Danni.” Fred’s voice said and I looked over at him. He was sitting up in his bed and was looking at me. “No one is worth cutting yourself for.”

            “I was only thinking about it.” I whispered. “I wasn’t going to do it. I wouldn’t do that to George.”

            He nodded. “You know he’s worried about you. Especially since you’re dreams started.”

            I sighed. “I know but I can’t help the dreams. I’ve tried.”

            “Maybe you two should shag.” He grinned. “It could really help.”

            I laughed softly and rolled my eyes. “With you in the room? Yeah right.”

            “I could leave. I don’t have to be in the room. Although…”

            “Fred, shut up.” I smacked his arm. “You very well know that’s not going to happen.”

            He shrugged. “A guy can only hope.”

            I rolled my eyes. “This coming from the guy that’s supposed to be in love with Marisa.”

            “Yeah but I can still hope.”

            I laughed. “You’re bloody disgusting.”

            “Bloody? Someone’s finally getting the hang of our language.”

            “Only because I’ve spent way too much time with you and George.”

            “The perks of living in the same environment for the past five months.”

            “Oh yes. Perks.” I looked out the window.

            “Nightmares again?” George asked and I looked over at him. I got up and went over to him. I nodded and sat down by him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. “Hopefully it’ll end soon.”