Waking Up

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Danielle, Henry, Phillip, Turner, and Marisa. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Waking Up

            I opened my eyes and everything was blurry. It was dark but the light from the moon was shining into the window and I blinked my eyes a couple of times before I could see things. I wasn’t in my bedroom. I was in a hospital room. There was a machine by me that was beeping and an IV was in my left wrist. There was a breathing tube in my nose and I put my hand up to made it go away. A hand was holding my right hand and I weakly looked over to find a red haired boy sitting on a chair with his head resting against the bed. I smiled and knew the decision I made was right. I was where I was meant to be.

            I watched him and debated waking him. I’m sure I gave him a scare and he probably hasn’t slept in days. If it had been days. Maybe it’s just been a couple hours. I wasn’t sure. But George probably needed his sleep and I didn’t want to bother him. I started rubbing his hand, though, and just watched him. I watched as his eyes fluttered open and he squeezed my hand. His face looked tired and sad. I squeezed his hand back and he quickly sat up.

            He looked into my eyes and relief filled it. “Danni.” He said and hugged me. I smiled and touched his back and he looked into my eyes. “I’m so glad you’re awake. The doctors weren’t sure if you’d ever wake up.”

            “How’d I get here?” I asked; my voice was rough and it hurt to talk.

            “I brought you here after Mum said you weren’t breathing. The doctors took you in and did everything they could think of to save you. Finally, they got you healed but couldn’t get you to wake up. You have stitches from where they couldn’t heal you from the dark magic on your stomach.” He kissed my cheek. “I’m so glad you’re awake.”

            “What day is it?”

            He looked at his watch then back at me. “Valentine’s Day.”

            My eyes widened and I said, “I was in the theater for three days?”

            He looked at me curiously. “Movie theater?”

            I nodded. “When I went into the light, I ended up in a movie theater and watched my entire life on the screen. When it was over, there were two exits and you were at one and Chris the other. You were waiting to bring me back here and Chris was waiting to bring me to heaven. I had to choose between the two of you.” I smiled and touched his face. “It wasn’t even a hard decision to choose you.” I brought his head to mine and I kissed his lips. “I love you.”

            He grinned and rubbed my cheek. “I love you too.”

            I scooted over and said, “Lay down by me.”

            He did and held me to him. He rubbed my back and asked, “Why did you choose me?”

            I looked up into his eyes. “In the dream I didn’t think about it. My heart was pulling me to you.”

            “Ok. Then why would you choose me over Chris?”

            I took a deep breath and said, “Because I’ve had my life with Chris but I haven’t with you. If I wouldn’t gone with Chris, what were we gonna do? We’ve done everything for our relationship and we’d only be engaged in heaven. We’d be waiting for our turn to come back to earth and I’d be watching you all the time. You and I still have so much to do. And I love you. I mean, I love Chris too but you have my heart now. And you will forever.”