Dinner Pt.2

Brandon's Point of View

(Author Note: I wanted to post last Friday but I didn't have much time....I'm sorry!!! I'm such a buttttt. I swear I had been working not it. So to make up for it, I worked extra hard to make it extra good. Hope you like it. Sorry!!! Bai. On to the story!)

(New Author's Note: I TOTALLY FORGOT TO POST YESTERDAY FML. I AM SO SORRYYYYYYY. I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING!! LIKE WHYYYYYY)

I'm so nervous I'm not even sure if I ordered my food right. I watch as the waitress leaves and I finally look to Nikki again after a minute.

She was already looking at me, and I can tell she's taken aback when I look at her, and so am I.

For some reason, a slight calm settles over me, although, my heart still beats rapidly in my chest.

"Hey, Nikki?" I finally manage to say.

"Yeah?" She replies, her eyes still slightly wide, but she seems calmer now.

"I didn't get to say it earlier, but...you look..pretty...awesome." I say sheepishly, rubbing my neck and tilting my head a bit nervously.

She laughs a little, and maybe it's just me, but her cheeks seem to redden.

"You look pretty awesome, too, Brandon." She says with a smile.

She looks down at the table and hmms, seemingly in thought.

She faces me again, her face seemingly brighter.

"Hey, Brandon. Wanna play tic-tac-toe?" She pulls out a pen from her bag and reaches for a napkin.

"Sure.." I say, smiling, but wanting to laugh at the sudden change.

She puts down a napkin and starts drawing a tic-tac-toe board, putting her initial in the center.

"You like the center, it seems." I say, smiling.

"I do indeed, good sir." She says with a fake British accent that makes me laugh.

I decide to place my initial in the upper right corner.