(five)

Savannah Jay Carter

I pulled into the driveway of my parents' house behind all my brothers' cars. I looked over, realizing that Max's car was here too. I furrowed my eyebrows but got out the car. I looked at my phone, seeing it was 7:30, which means I was late. I walked in the house to see my family talking to each other. As soon as I walked in the room, all eyes were on me.

"What's up, guys?" I asked as I sat on the couch next to Montana.

"You and Max." Israel said to me.

"What about us?" I said.

"Y'all went out and nobody told me anything." He shot back.

"I didn't know I needed to tell you everything." I sassed.

"You're my little sister." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm grown, Israel." I said with a sigh.

"Man, whatever."He said as he sat back.

"You're the only person who's mad. Dad hasn't even said anything." I said.

"I don't want you with him." Israel said.

"I'm not going to stop talking to him." I stated.

"What? Yes, you are." Israel said.

"Don't I get to be happy, Israel?" I said sadly.

I've spent my whole life alone. Him and Dakota have wives and kids, Bronx has a girlfriend, and Montana has a daughter. I'm all alone, no one to share my success with and even though I give Max a hard time, I like being around him. Israel wasn't about to stop that.

"Yeah, just not with him." Israel said.

"You act like I'm not a good dude." Max finally spoke up.

"He took me out to lunch." I said.

"And only lunch. I don't want to do anything that she isn't willing to do. She's a grown woman and she should be able to make her own decisions." Max said, standing.

"Nigga, this is my little sister, not yours." Israel said, standing as well.

I stepped in between them, pushing them apart.

"Dammit, Israel! If you want me to stop talking to him, I will." I said, making him smirk at me.

He put his hands up, backing away from me and Max. I turned to Max, making him look down at me.

"Can you meet me at my place after this? Just go sit in your car until I come out." I said quiet enough for him to hear.

He nodded and left out. I turned to look at Israel, who had a grin on his face like he won the lottery. We stared at each other until Dakota spoke up.

"So, why can't she talk to Max?" He said, looking in between us.

"He wants to see me miserable." I said, angrily.

"He didn't ask me." Israel said smugly.

"I'm not marrying him and even if I was, he has to ask my father. Your name isn't Erick Carter!" I yelled.

Montana and Bronx stepped on either side of me, holding my shoulders. I shrugged them off and stared at Israel. 

"Israel, you have no say." My dad said, watching us.

"But Pops-" Israel was cut off.

"Savannah is an adult. She lives on her own, pays her own bills and can determine her relationships. Max is your best friend and you know he wouldn't do anything to harm her." My dad continued, making Israel frown. He stood up and walked towards me so that we were toe and toe.

"Don't call me when he hurt you." He said as he turned to walk away from me to a different part of the house.

"You'll need me first and I won't, that's not how I operate." I said as he left my vision.

I hugged the rest of my family and left out to see Max sitting in his car waiting, like I asked him to. A small smile graced my face as I walked to him.

"Follow me." I said before getting in my own car.

He did as I said and we made it to my house in 20 minutes. He parked next to me and got out. I opened my condo door and threw my bag down.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked as he looked around.

"Nah, I'm good." He followed me to the living room.

I plopped on the couch, leaning my head back.

"I'm sorry about that." I said.

"Wasn't on you." He shrugged as I felt him sit next to me.

He pulled my feet into his lap, beginning to massage them. I took a deep breath, exhaling when he pressed a certain spot that made my legs turn into jello. I looked at his fingers, watching as their length caressed the soles of my feet. I started to wonder where else they could work their magic on.

"If you want me to stop-" He started but I cut him off.

"No, it feels really good." I said as I relaxed.

15 minutes later, I pulled my feet away him, tucking them under myself. He had me on cloud 9 from one massage, what would happen if we went further? I shook my head to rid the dirty thoughts.

"Anything important to do tonight?" I asked.

"Nah, I'll probably just go home and chill." He said with a shrug.

I cleared my throat. "You can chill here, if you want."

He smiled, making me roll my eyes. "You want me around now?"

"I feel like I owe you because of my silly ass brother." I said.

"You don't but I'll take you up on your offer. You got Netflix?" He said, making me laugh and nod.

"You can choose, I'll go get snacks." I said as I grabbed the remote, handing it to him.

I left out and made popcorn while dancing around the kitchen. Tonight should be fun.