(eleven)

Savannah Jay Carter

Max has been gone for the past week and as crazy as this is, I missed him. I had been going through the week working, not really wanting to be at home. Tonight, my mom was holding a dinner that she wanted everyone to come to and I wasn't looking forward to it. 

I slid on a white camisole, a pair of black high-waisted jeans and light brown heeled sandals. I put on my light brown cardigan and buttoned it. My hair was in a high puff ball and I had on a pair of gold hoops. I left out shortly after, heading to my mom's house. As I got to an intersection, my phone started ringing.

"Hey Baby Jay, are you close?" My dad asked.

"I'm turning down the street." I said.

"Alright, see you in a minute." He said.

I agreed then hung up as I pulled into the garage. I walked through the back as Nico and Venus ran up to me.

"TT Vannah, I miss you." Venus pouted.

"I miss you, Vee. You being good?" I asked as we walked into the house.

"Yeah." She said.

Dakota called her and she ran away. Nico followed after her, leaving me alone again. When I walked in, Israel was standing over the oven.

"Did you make your loaded potatoes?" I asked.

He looked over at me before answering. "Yeah."

"Cool." I rubbed my hands on my jeans.

It was awkward between us. I hadn't talked to him since he stormed away from me that day. I missed my big brother and didn't like that we weren't talking. 

"I'm sorry." We spoke at the same time.

"I'll go first. I'm sorry I walked away from you. You're my baby sister and ain't no dude ever gon be good enough for you. I got to let you see that and just be there to wipe your tears and beat his ass." He said, making me smile.

I hugged him as he laughed. "I love you, Izzy."

"I love you too, Van. I'm over it, Max is a good dude." He said as we linked arms.

"I'm sorry for not asking you." I sighed.

"I gotta let you be an adult." He shrugged.

Mom walked in and ran over to us. "EJ, they're talking!"

We laughed as we all walked into the dining room. My eyes caught Max's as he played with the kids. He smiled and stood up before walking over to me. He opened his arms and I ran into them, making him laugh.

"So this is why you haven't called me all day?" I asked as we pulled apart.

He placed his arm around my waist. "Yeah, sorry. I was just trying to get home."

"I'm glad you're back." I smirked.

"You and Israel cool again?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as we moved towards the table.

"Dinner's ready so let's eat." Montana groaned.

"Daddy, shh." Diamond said, making all of us laugh.

We sat at the table and started to pass around dishes. Hours had passed and Max and I were heading out.

"You're really good with kids." I said as we got into my car.

"I love kids, I want some of my own one day." He said as I pulled off.

"You'll be a great dad." I said.

I felt him staring at the side of my face and I looked over at him. He leaned over and kissed me before falling back in his seat. I shook my head and continued to drive. Within a few minutes, I pulled into my driveway. 

"Let's go work on those kids you was talking about." Max said as he chased me into the house.