(twenty)

Savannah Jay Carter

I rolled over in the bed, feeling Max's arm move with me. I looked over at him, taking in all of his features. He hadn't shaved in a few days and the shadow looked good. His thick eyebrows were set in a straight line. His curly hair was all over his head and against the pillow. I reached out to fix them and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him.

"How long were you going to watch me?" He asked with his eyes still closed.

"As long as I wanted to." I smirked.

I sat up and stretched my arms out with a yawn. I scratched at my hair under my wrap and looked over at Max. I laughed at how comfortable I was around around him. I swung my legs over and got out of the bed.

"You think I can share a shower?" I heard him ask.

"We'll never make it to the party." I said back.

My parents were having a day party and invited Max and I. I showered quickly and brushed my teeth so that Max could get in. I stood in the closet, looking through the dresses I had. I pulled out a light pink wrap one with spaghetti straps and a slit on the side. I shed my towel, put on underwear and pulled the dress on. I adjusted the cleavage and smoothed it out. 

"You not wearing that." Max said.

"Why not? I'll be around family." I shrugged.

"We not gon make it to your parents'." He chuckled.

"Boy, stay in your corner and get dressed." I laughed.

I sat at my vanity and unwrapped my hair. I parted it down the middle and combed it down. My stylist straightened it yesterday and it felt like silk. I brushed one side over my shoulder and stood up. I slid into a pair of wedges the same color as my dress. 

"Here, let me do it." Max said.

He dropped down to one knee and grabbed my foot, buckling the shoe. He set it down and did the same to the other. He stood up and dusted his shorts off. I grabbed a pair of diamond hoop earrings, a necklace and watch. 

"Let's go." I said as I stepped out the house.

We got in his truck and pulled off to my mom's.

"You look beautiful." He said as we sat at a red light.

I blushed lightly and pushed my hair behind my ear. 

"Thank you." I said.

"No, thank you." He smirked.

He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. We pulled into my mother's driveway shortly after. We got out and walked straight to the back. My brothers were around the entire backyard with the kids. The ladies sat at the table. We both walked over as their eyes landed on us.

"Tamika, Olivia, Kharisma, you remember Max, right?" I asked.

They waved and Max did the same back. Venus and Nico ran up, making us put our attention on them.

"Uncle Max, come play with us." Nico said as he grabbed one hand.

Vee grabbed the other one and pulled him away from us. They ran over to where Bronx and Montana were. I laughed as I watched him being thrown right into the mix.

"Look at her, just glowing." Tamika said.

The rest of the girls laughed, making me shake my head. I looked over as I saw him toss Vee to Bronx. 

"She hasn't taken her eyes off of him." Olivia said.

"I'm sitting right here." I laughed.

"You look happy." Carmela said.