(eight)

Savannah Jay Carter

The weekend came faster than I thought it would. I had been texting Max since I brought lunch to his office a couple days ago. We were going to a pottery class then dinner. I had spent the morning with my family. Israel was still walking around with a stick in his ass. His wife still spoke and even told me she didn't know why he had such an attitude. As long as I saw my nephews, I was good.

"Savannah, you are taking forever." Taj said from my bedroom.

I was standing in my closet in my underwear, trying to figure out what to wear. I pulled out a pair of ripped jeans, a long sleeved white t-shirt and Baron 1s. I pulled half of my hair up and put it into a ponytail.

"Is this okay?" I said, finally coming out of the closet.

"Yes, ass on fleek." Taj said.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone.

max: omw

"You can go now, Taj. He's on his way." I said as I put on some lip gloss.

"Uh, bitch. No. I gotta meet this man." She said as we walked downstairs.

She sat on the couch as I cleaned up my kitchen. The doorbell rang, making me throw my throw my towel across the sink. I walked in the room to see Taj going to open the door. I raced to it, beating her and making her laugh. I pulled it open to see Max standing there with a bouquet of white orchids.

"Who told you my favorite flower?" I asked, taking them from his hands.

"Your mom." He said as he stepped in.

"This is my best friend, Taj." I said as I found a vase for the flowers.

When I came back, only Max was sitting there.

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"Uh, home. She told me to tell you. Ready?" He said as he stood.

"Sure. I'm just gonna grab my jacket." I said, sliding on my leather jacket.

He walked out and I locked up. He opened my door, letting me in. He walked over and got in, starting the car. We drove in a comfortable silence, pulling up to the pottery class. 

20 minutes later, we were sitting on stools with aprons on. Max was sitting next to me with a concentrated look on his face. He clenched down on his jaw, making me sigh. I turned back to my table, digging into my clay. 

"Girl, you better than me over there." He said with a smirk.

"I took a class in college." I responded, focusing back on my creation.

"Come help me." He said, lip between his teeth.

I walked over, sitting in front of him. He slid up behind me, wrapping his hands around mine. We moved our fingers together, smoothing out the clay.

I probably shouldn't have felt as warm as I did, being this close to him. He didn't even know what he was doing to me. I kept having to take shallow breaths. 

"You okay?" He said.

I nodded, not trusting myself to talk. An hour later, we were walking out of the store with our pieces in bags. We got back in the car to head to the restaurant.