(ten)

Savannah Jay Carter

I sighed as I opened the boutique doors. I hit the lights and walked to the back, setting my stuff at my desk. Shortly after I looked through my emails, Taj came in, going to her office.

"Good morning, girl." She said as she came through the door, sitting down in the chair.

"Hey." I shuffled through my papers.

"So, where you been?" She asked.

I looked up at her. "What are you talking about?"

"You been MIA." She shrugged.

"I spent the weekend in the house." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, with someone else." She smirked.

"Max was over, I guess." I shrugged.

She squealed, making me hold my ears. Taj always did the damn most.

"Was it good?" She asked.

"Nothing happened, we just hung out. Got to know each other." I said, standing.

"You're lying. You always pat your leg when you lie." She said, coming to stand next to me.

I stopped my hand from patting my thigh and crossed my arms. Curse this girl for knowing me so well.

"Out, go help some customers." I said as I pushed her out my office.

We walked out onto the floor, seeing people already shopping.

Around noon, I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me close to them. I had been around him so long, I remember his cologne. It wrapped around me and made my heart beat. I turned so that I was facing him, his smile making me smile.

"Didn't I just see you?" I said.

"I can never see enough of you." He said as he looked down at me.

"That was cute, I liked it." I said, stepping away from him.

"What are you doing for lunch today?" He asked me as we walked through the store.

"Going out with my brother and niece." I said.

"What I gotta do to see you in this?" He asked, holding up a body con dress.

I rolled my eyes and took it from his hands, putting it back on the rack.

"Bye, Max. Go back to work." I said as I pushed him out the door.

"Man, whatever. I'll see you this weekend." He said.

I frowned. "Why this weekend?"

"Got some important business to attend to. You gon miss me?" He smirked down at me.

"Maybe." I said as I bit my lip.

"This weekend will be here before you know it." He said.

He kissed the top of my head and walked away.

"See ya, Van." He said before getting in his car before pulling off.

I let out a breath and walked back in the shop. Taj walked up to me with a smile on her face.

"Must know each other very well." She said as she looked me up and down.

I brushed past her as she laughed behind me. I hate when she's right.