(fourteen)

Savannah Jay Carter

I rolled over, rubbing the now cold spot Max had been laying in earlier. I sat up with my hair all over my head. I walked over to the conjoining bathroom, showered, did my morning hygiene and pulled my hair into a low ponytail. I walked downstairs, finding Max in the kitchen, eating. I walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his bare midsection.

"Good morning." He said as he scrolled through his phone.

"Morning." I kissed his shoulder.

"Watch out real quick." He said as he got up from the island.

He pulled out a plate of food, setting in front of the empty chair next to me.

"Thank you." I said as I sat.

"No problem." He said, taking his seat next to me.

It was silent except for the sound of my fork against the plate.

"You good?" He asked.

"I'm more than good, I love that bed." I nodded.

He smirked at me and took a sip of his water. 

"Finish up so we can go out. I have a whole day planned for us." He said.

"What am I supposed to wear?" I asked.

"I got you, don't worry about it." He popped an imaginary collar.

We walked upstairs together and Max opened the closet doors, revealing clothes for both of us.

"You really had this all ready?" I said.

"I tried." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I pulled out a t-shirt dress and a jean jacket. 

"Are we going to be doing a lot of walking?" I turned to him.

He nodded, making me pick up the Bred 4s. I got dressed and put on a pair of sunglasses. Max showed up next to me wearing a white v-neck, cargo pants and Bred 11s. 

"Ready?" He reached his hand to me.

I nodded, taking his hand. We walked out, getting in his car to head back to the city. 

"What are we doing?" I asked as we got on the road.

"Consider it a part two." He shrugged.

I sat back, listening to Kehlani play on the radio. I drifted to sleep only to be shaken awake a short time later. My eyes opened and the first thing I saw was a Ferris wheel. I turned to Max to see a smirk painted on his face.

"Taj told me you liked the fair." He said.

I leaned over the middle console and pulled him into a kiss before hopping out the car. I started to jump around like a little kid, making Max laugh as he popped up next to me. 

"Come on, let's go! I want a teddy bear!" I said as I pulled him along.

I heard him laugh as I pulled him through the sea of people. We stopped at a basketball game as I looked up at him.

"Which one?" He asked.

I pointed to a big brown teddy bear. He paid the girl at the stand and the game started. 10 minutes later, I walked away holding that same bear. Hours later, we sat on the Ferris wheel as it got to the top.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" Max asked.

"Today, yesterday." I sighed. "I enjoyed every bit of it."

"Anything for you, Savannah." He said.

I gave him a kiss before laying my head on his shoulder. This man was going to the death of me and death has never sounded better.