In My Truck Again

Macy and Jared were down stairs giggling. I don't know when I went to sleep, I don't know when I woke up. But their laughs were the only thing keeping me from being sane.

I paced in the guestroom. It was no longer my house, since Macy moved back and Xavier was mad at me. It just didn't want to settle in my mind that my girl was getting married. What was I supposed to do about that? I decided to fight for her, right? But it wasn't right. For once; what would happen if I did do the right thing?

I would lose her.

I wasn't going to let that happen again. It was too much to take at the time, so I stayed in the guestroom all morning until I got hungry.

Journey was laying on the couch, taking the entire thing up and I just stared at him. "You're gonna make the couch smell like dog." I told him and he gave me this look, saying he didn't care and I was below him. He had mood swings, but I didn't care about the dog then.

Jared and Macy were in the kitchen talking. She was sitting down at the table and Jared's chair was right next to hers. He had his hand in her thigh.

When I came in they looked at me. "Morning Con," Jared waved a couple fingers at me, and I nodded sleepily.

I was still exhausted, because I was awake the entire time.

Macy looked at Jared like he said something strange and I guess she caught the whole 'Con' thing. It was weird, it sounded stupid coming from him. Either way, Macy didn't say anything to me and it made me wonder what I said wrong the previous night. Did the dying thing really bother her? That would be a good thing, right? No. She was a good person, she wouldn't wish death on her worst enemy and in that case I assumed it was me. At least it was at some point.

"Babe, I've got to use your truck to drive out to see Xavier. He had to work and told me to meet him up for a game of golf." Stupid Jared said, standing up.

Macy stood up too and looked confused. "Jay." She said and he directed all his attention to her just by her calling his name. It seems he was just about wrapped around her finger when it comes to that, but who was I to talk? "I told you, I'm going shopping in like, thirty minutes."

He grabbed her keys and they walked to the front door. "So... Conrad will take you!" He pointed to me hopefully and I saw Macy's eyes widen the slightest. "Isn't that right, Con?"

"Uh... I don't-"

"Thanks man!" He told me, then turning to Macy he kissed her loving before opening the front door. "I'll be back babe, love you." And he was gone.

"Love you too." She said to herself, with her arms crossed. She had a look on her face that said she thought it might happen, almost like something like that occured before.

She loved him. She just said it, she returned his love. Could you love two people at once? She did with Mason right, when she loved me too? I thought she loved Mason. She had sex with him while she loved me, so it had to be true. I still didn't understand why she didn't choose Mason. He was just so perfect, and he was so in love with her and he'd treat her like a princess. Xavier even approved!

Macy turned around and looked at me. "You don't have to take me." She said. "I can go tomorrow."

"No," I spoke casually. "I'm fine with taking you. When do you want to go?" I asked her.

"Well... I have errands to run. You'd have to go with me."

I shrugged, seeming like I didn't mind but I was actually nervous as fuck. I knew she wouldn't want to drive my truck, since she probably thought it would break down on her. And since she didn't know how to drive it, it probably would.