The Nagging Rain

"I will keep calling you to see

If you're sleeping are you dreaming

If you're dreaming

Are you dreaming of me?"

-Blue October

Greetings wonderful readers, how is everybody? I've been very distracted lately and apologize for my lackage of editting the chapters I publish. My family and I started our vacation and we drove to San Antonio for a night and hung around the riverwalk. Now we are driving our way to Alice TX for a short visit, and then we'll be on our way to our annual South Padre Island trip.
Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to also explain why I haven't yet published the opening to Smile For Me. Which, by the way, I am extremely excited to begin. I promise it will be published soon, just not this week.
Have a good day, and I will be trying to avoid going to the beach where the sun hates me- enjoy!
- cilla

PS, the side image is of Macy in a wedding dress :)

As she said it, her sobs became more ragged and her shoulders shook more.

I didn't know what to do, and acted on instinct. I pulled her close to me and held her while she cried.

Macy stood off the stool and allowed herself to let go and sobbed into me, and I didn't mind the slightest. It only made me feel her and her sudden pain that shot through me. She cried into her hands while I wrapped her into me and she shook against my chest. Her nostalgic smell ruining me all over.

It took a while for her words to sink in. She couldn't see herself getting married. What did that even mean? It could meant she didn't want to get married, and I hoped it did. Then again, she was under so much pressure. That could be what was causing her so much stress, and of course she'd want to get married. She was happy with Jared.

No she didn't want to but maybe she was.

Mary came in and froze when she saw Macy and I. Macy didn't notice, and Mary slowly stepped back in surprise at Macy, then turned to leave us politely.

"Macy," I said to her after she relaxed and just slowly breathed into me. She didn't move a muscle. "Macy, look at me." I told her.

When she didn't move I decided to remove her hands from her face and her eyes met mine shyly, bloodshot and watery. A tear looked like it would escape but I couldn't bare to watch it and wiped it away before it could.

"Sorry," She sniffed, trying to pull away but I only held her closer.

"Don't be." I told her sternly. She stiffened in my hold and my thumbs rubbed circles at her sides, seeming to shock her more. But how could I contain myself when she wore such a soft robe, only the thin silk separating her body from mine. She felt so warm.

She seemed to freeze and stare at me as if asking what I was doing. I didn't exactly know, it seemed my hormones began to control me then. Hormones. Like I was a fucking sixteen year old boy, but I also knew it was my longing heart's doing.

Macy's hands were at my chest subconciously and I just wanted them around me. I slid my hands up her sides and she shivered, I took her arms and placed them around my neck. She seemed frozen and couldn't seem to tear her wide eyes off mine, and I didn't mind.

Her lips looked so tempting I had to kiss them, moving in when she stood still, seeming to almost wait for me. The time was slow and I felt my nose brush hers and she breathed into me. I just wanted her lips, but before I touched them there was a loud buzzing coming from her phone.