Texas Isn't Cold

I thank all of you for being so supportive to me and reading this story. It's come such a long way and I feel really weird ending it. It just seems so soon!

I feel like I've made friends with all of you although I've only directly spoken to a couple people. You mean so much to me, and I truly mean that.

I'd like to remind everyone out there that my new student/teacher book Smile For Me is ongoing, and yes, you do have to be following me to be reading the rest of the story, but that is because that story is a little more provocative than this one. ;) I hope you check it out!
And as for this story...

Enjoy.

- cilla

The wheels spun, friction causing sparks to fly at the concrete. The passengers buckled up, chewing gum or cozying up to their partner.

One man inparticular sat stonefaced, looking straight ahead at the seat in front of him with a look of determination.

Conrad had panic built up inside of him, feeling his instinct yell at him for not stopping her before buying a ticket to London sooner than he did.

She was probably already in London.

He shivered in fear. No, he was going to be there soon enough, and when he got there, he'd do what he could.

It was terrible, the restlessness that wouldn't leave him as his impatience grew as well. He felt he didn't have much time. But she wasn't going anywhere... She was probably still there, still at her house on The Bishops Avenue. Conrad didn't know what to expect. He assumed they lived in a flat, but Mr. Rich-Guy also had money, so of course they'd live in a house that sounded really fancy.

Conrad thought it over constantly, bringing fear to him. How on earth could he possibly romantacize him going back when she already shouted at him? She already said it, I don't love you. Those words echoed painfully in his ears, depriving him of sleep.

Maybe he shouldn't have gone. Oh what has he done? Macy would be so upset seeing him there, Jared would kill him then and there.

Unless that's against the law?

He wasn't sure; in Texas it was perfectly legal to kill someone if they're crossing property that isn't theirs... But that was Texas. Conrad would no longer be in Texas. Just hours to go.

He couldn't eat. He was about to go make a fool of himself in front of the one he loved. He also felt frustration. How was it Macy so easily got tickets to the next flight to London?

He didn't know, and he knew she had left asap when he drove to Jared's cousin's house in Dallas, the one who dropped Macy off at the airport and kept her truck. He wasn't british, which was odd. Conrad was just so thankful some people still used phonebooks, otherwise he'd have no idea where to go.

The man's name was James. "I don't know if I should tell you. I'm sure she was expecting you to leave her alone." He told Conrad when they both stood in his living room. He seemed to know who Conrad was, and it gave him almost a hundreth of a flicker of hope.

He wasn't sure why. Macy talked about him, sure, but why not to Jared? If he wasn't so important why keep it from her future husband?

Overthinking was slowly killing him on that plane, and he was forced to shut off the light that spotted him in the dark rows of sleeping passengers. Conrad never liked planes. That's why he stood in one place and one place only, Texas. Why the hell did people like travelling? He wondered to himself, how do people live through this? He suddenly admired Macy's father. He flew all the way down from Dubai to Texas, taking almost twelve hours of flying out of his life just to meet Jared.