Dance With Me

I was in my room and sneakily over-hearing Macy and Jared's conversation about her going to see Cory with me.

"It's just an eleven year old kid, what's your deal?" She sighed.

"Babe, don't talk to me like that." He demanded in frustration and footsteps moved from the bathroom to her room, back and forth. "I just don't see why this kid is so important." I heard his faint sigh from my closed door.

Macy wasn't happy at all though and I could tell because she said nothing to him and just knocked on my door instead. "I'm ready." She said quickly when I opened the door.

Her eyes traveled me swiftly and she turned around, heading down the stairs. As I followed her down Jared waved to me. "Good luck taming the lion." He said.

When I started the car I looked at her curiously, "Was he referring to you as a lion?"

Macy widened her eyes and blushed, looking out the window awkwardly. "Uh- something... like that..."

I cringed to myself, noting how it was obviously something sexual. The drive to the orphanage was quiet but soon she pressed on the radio and sang along. I groaned at her and she back-handed my chest. "Shut up." She said.

"No, keep singing." I told her with a smirk.

"You don't have to tell me, I know I'm not the best singer." Macy rolled her eyes.

"Xavier thinks the opposite."

She laughed. "Of course he does."

As I parked in the front, Macy looked at the house in anticipation. "What's wrong?" I asked her, seeing there was something off.

She looked back at me and for a second I believed she was okay, but then I remembered that her eyes refused to show me anything, and I just had to deal with that.

"I know Jared doesn't want a baby." She said, looking back at the orphanage. "But I want a family."

Something like that from her freaked me out. Her with a family and all... I knew for a fact I couldn't picture myself with a child. I didn't ever see me with her as a father. Unfortunately the thought made me extremely uncomfortable.

"Well," I began, turning the car off and unbuckling myself. "Cory has no idea we're here, so..."

She looked down in what seemed like disappointment, and I knew it was because I didn't stop and respond fully to what she said. I wasn't sure if she saw how awkward it made me, but it didn't matter because she wasn't thinking of a child with me- and oddly enough, I was okay with that.

She followed me in and Ms. Zoey embraced both of us happily. "Oh I love seeing you both here, it makes the kids so happy!" She admired and patted Macy's cheek. "You're so beautiful." She said and Macy smiled.

"Thank you."

I remember when I told her she was beautiful.

"Macy!" Cory yelled as he charged forward, latching onto her tightly and she hugged him back.

"Cory!"

"Conrad!" I heard Bella's voice and saw her trotting over to me excitedly.

"Bella..." I grinned awkwardly and she hugged me and Macy reached over to pinched my stomach.

I flinched and tried to slap her away but noticed her eyes flashing to Bella, telling me to hug the kid. I playfully shoved Macy over and knealed down to embrace Bella. She threw her little arms around my neck and almost choked me as I stood up. "Are you wearing my bracelet?" She asked in my ear.