thing's gotta change pt. 1

Dear white people,

you literally do the most.

Like some of you are so extra, like why?

I think it's very evident that there's plenty of things white people need to change. Everybody knows, but they somehow convince themselves that it's okay. But, no, it's not okay, and you need to stop being ignorant.

You're probably racist if:

1.) You say you're not racist because you have a black friend.

Hmm, no. You can still be racist even if you have a black "friend". Do you know a lot about this person because they're your friend, or are you just acquaintances and you use them as an example of your not racist self?

2.) Tell Native Americans and black people to let go of the past.

Haha! That's funny. It's almost like you're telling them to forget that there's still racial injustices in this present reality, and completely forget how much worse it used to be. Oh, wait...you are exactly saying that.

3.) Believe that you have experienced oppression because you're a women, or someone with a mental illness.

I was on this facebook post, and this white lady was commenting saying that she's scared for her life because of all this cop violence, and I asked why and she said because she's severely depressed and it's equivalent to cops killing blacks. Like no, that's not even remotely close. They can't look at you just know you're severely depressed, you're still white with special privileges that no other race but you get. Honestly, calm the fuck down. You're not oppressed and you never will be.

Women can be oppressed, but nothing like WOC are. They're not comparable, because there's nothing to compare. Women are being shot in streets in other countries and we're complaining about not being able to wear revealing clothes to school.

I'm disgusted with America.

4.) You think you relate to a POC experience of racism because you've had a similar experience.

SORRY BOO, being called a cracker isn't even remotely close to what you'd be experiencing if you had a darker skin complexion. Stop complaining, you'll get over it.

5.) A personal struggle is the equivalent to oppression.

Personal struggles are understandable. They're not close to what oppression is, but yes, that's sad when you're dealing with stuff. If you have an alcoholic dad, or a narcissistic mom, that's incredibly sad, but that's still not what oppression is. You're not in the same category just because you've had to deal with some sad and maybe even sickening things.

The worst :

6.) say you don't see color.

Until skin color is as little as a hair color to you, you still see skin color. Don't try to bullshit people, because you're not fooling anyone. Just stop saying that until you genuinely change. Actions speak louder than words.

So, white people, stop saying these things or anything along the lines of this. You're racist and I hope you get called out.