#whitesilenceisviolence

Dear white people,

believe it or not, your silence about racial issues and injustices are violent. No words itself is an act of oppressing another individual. Sitting back and watching the social issues throughout the world, speak up. Chances are you're not blatantly blind nor living in a secluded area, so you should have at least a notion of what non-white people experience.

Your silence shows you've chosen the side of the oppressor. Living your day normally, ignoring the fact that others are being killed for fun in streets, you're choosing to indirectly oppress. Silence is not okay, and it never will be in our world.

You cannot have a notion of what is happening to specific races and religious groups and ignore it yet still you say you're not racist, you're not privileged, nor have you ever oppressed somebody. Although you are not directly telling an individual something racist, homophobic, or just negative, silence is proving you simply don't care. But, white people don't need to care?

White people don't experience hardly anything negative racially to the extent of a POC or discrimination like a Muslim would. We can go throughout our days, not even realizing that this is evidently our privilege shining through. We don't have to worry about our children, family, or fear for our own lives. White people don't need to worry, period.

So from now on, if you're white and you realize certain injustices and a preconceived idea of discriminations non-white people face, speak up. You're helping others. You're choosing the right side, the one that will change the world. You're proving that you're better than what the world was not that long ago. Speaking up, coming together, kindness, etc. that is what'll make America great again.

White silence is violence, and it forever will be.

(white people are changing)