feminism vs. intersectional

Feminism is a great thing, it really is. It empowers woman, and strives for equality among the sexes. More and more white woman speak out about woman being objectified and free the nipple, which is great. Woman are not objects, and nipples are just nipples. But white woman, which means, chances are they are not striving for equality of all races and genders, and evidently might not even noticing they are doing this, but their striving might just be for theirs.

Feminism is equality of the sexes, everyone knows this. Although, basic feminism covers the basics. Not necessarily white feminism, just feminism without the intersectional. It's a huge push for woman, especially white. They have all the good mindsets and resources to make a change, despite the fact there is a lot more then just this perception that white women are oppressed.

Intersectional means race, gender, class, ability, and ethnicity. Intersectional feminism stands for equality for EVERYONE. Not just a white cis woman being equal to a male and be able to show their nipples in public.

Boy, do I have news for you...

IT'S A NIPPLE.

We have bigger issues. Children in Bangladesh and other places are being sold off to child marriage before they even know what marriage is, but yes, let's completely ignore the issues of other woman and let you implore that nipples are art. Now, I'm not invalidating free the nipple, I just don't appreciate when woman are so persistent on the topic and completely ignore the bigger issues.

Feminism, especially white, forgets to acknowledge the fact that WOC and the LGBTQ have systematic struggles. Instead, in a side of feminism we're worried about imploring people to care about a nipple, in another we're worrying about equal pay for all woman and worrying about woman in developing countries. There's different sides of feminism, and to me it seems like the woman in the white feminism side's voices are so loud that WOC and the LGBTQ are overlooked, as well as the woman not in America that don't even have voices. That's where intersectionality steps in. The world does not revolve around the white woman.

I know, it's the sad truth.

Intersectional feminism is for every woman of every cultural background that isn't being heard. Feminism is not about the right to work with heavy boxes in construction. Not every woman is deemed as weak. Because feminism has been overruled by white, rich, cis-gendered females, that's why intersectionality has stepped in.

Point is, feminism and intersectional feminism just isn't the same. It seems like feminism is for a specific group of people that probably doesn't need it as much as others. Intersectional feminism is for everybody, especially the non-visible ones.

So, I guess the question is, are you just a feminist, white feminist, or intersectional feminist?

-

hello guys! I'm back, and I've missed posting so much!!! I've also missed all the friends i've made on here. I'm always so happy when I'm active on Wattpad and seeing all the people that post who have clear knowledge and want the best for others. You don't really see that much else. I'm glad I've found this community of people who shares most of theo same beliefs and morals that I do. You guys hold a special place in my heart ❤️

Also, my brains a bit fried right now because I haven't written in so long, and I haven't necessarily been up to date with news, so I'd really appreciate if you guys comment topics or ideas for chapters that you'd like me to write about! I can't promise it'll be the best chapters, but once I get back into the groove of writing again hopefully they'll turn out to be decent!

Btw, if you love game of thrones, comment!! I have been obsessed! I need someone to rant to. If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't suggest it unless you want your heart ripped out every other episode.