preferences

Dear white people,

yes, you are racist if you won't date a hispanic or black guy solely because of their skin color. that's not called a preference, that's called racism.

"I'm not racist at all, I'm just not attracted to/won't date a {insert race} guy."

It makes me wanna scream when I wear this. You most certainly are racist. It's like you're claiming because of their skin color, it's impossible for you to gain a emotional attachment which, that sounds like a pretty horrible thing to me.

It's okay to have a type. It's totally okay to acknowledge that you're attracted to people of certain races, but it's a whole different ball game when you say you can't be attracted solely because they have a darker skin complexion. You are a dumb ass.

Think of it like this:

You've been dating people with brown eyes. Your past exes have had brown eyes and you're just completely into brown eyes, so when a person with blue eyes confesses their attraction, you're probably not gonna shut them down. You don't think that their eye color is gonna overbear their personality by any means, so you give it a chance and realize that you are compatible, can become emotionally invested, and share interests.

This is another reason why all lives don't matter. People do see color, and this is a huge example of it. If skin color becomes as a little as a hair color or eye color to be people, preferences would not be a racist thing. When it comes to dating and liking somebody, skin color should mean absolutely nothing. If that person is a complete asshole though, that's a different story.

Btw, if you get called out on stereotyping others, you are not oppressed. If you're white, you're simply not oppressed don't try and come up with reasons to make yourself.

People perceive certain races with certain cultures and the thought of a unfamiliar culture and building feelings is unfathomable and they couldn't.  This is okay??? Shutting someone down because the thought of becoming emotionally invested to someone of a different race is completely wrong and if you think this is okay, re-evaluate your life choices because you're a bad person.

White people, preferences are racist, stop using them to justify racism.