23|FOREST RUNS AND BEAR TRAPS✔

' even on the days that I feel lost,

you always bring me back. '

▪▪

THE DAY is cold. I sat, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket, a cup of hot chocolate on my coaster as my eyes scanned through the thousands of sights.

I had been busy with research for almost three hours. Not research about Malia. About Coyotes or Werecoyotes. Research about myself.

     Earlier, I spoke with Deaton. Telling him about my strange visions, the hallucinations, the sounds , everything.

   And then, he told me to start doing research, to try and dig up something, on his behalf he would too, as he believes that there is much more to my visions.

  When clicking on a sight, my eyes widen at the name written in large, bold letters.

I then scroll down, toward the information, and when reading it, my palms become sweaty as my heart pace fastens.

   Unexplained visions...
sightings of birds ... feathers ...
scracth or bite of an Alpha ...
    can turn you...

As I dig deeper into the website, I notice that I've been experiencing almost all of the things mentioned,

      almost jumping when my cellophone vibrates, I quickly swipe the accept , placing it to my ear.

"Lilly, have you started doing on some research?" Deaton's voice fill the line,

"Yeah, and I actually think I found something. What about you?"

"Ah - yes. I spoke to one of my trusted friends, and I also did some research of my own. The visions you explained to me, the sudden hallucinations, your eyes turning... black, there is something much more to it. I don't reallt like discussing this over the phone with you, but I'd rather not wait until later.

"You're freaking me out here Deaton, please continue."

"You told me about , when you sacrificed yourself for the Nemeton, that you saw Peter Hale leaving scratch marks on you, but that memory only resurfaced when you had been in a half alive state."

Deaton takes a breath of air as he then continues;

"There are two ways for a person to turn, when receiving the bite or when the scrarch marks of an Alpha go deeo enough into your skin. That night, the night Scott got bit, yoi got scratched, and when you sarcificed yourself for the Nemeton, a beacon of supernatural energy, only then did you activate your -powers."

"Powers? What are you saying Deaton?"

"I'm saying that you're not human, not anymore. You're, what I like to call, a family member of the Banshee, you're a Valkyrie, Lilly."