Chapter 10 - Opening Up.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
A few days passed after I came back home, and also the days from the interaction with Prince So. I was walking around the house alone, when I suddenly got pulled behind the pillar. I wanted to scream, but "It's me." I saw Prince So and immediately smiled. I exclaimed "Prince So!" He immediately hushed me and said "Not so loud." I blushed and said "Oops." He asked "Where are you going?" I said "Nowhere." He grabbed my wrist and said "I'll bring you somewhere."

We came to this secluded area, and there was a large, beautiful lake. I gasped and he said "I knew you would like this place. I hugged him and said "Thank you, I love it!" He smiled at me lovingly and kept an arm tightly around my waist. I sat down by the lake and noticed that Prince So didn't sit down. I said "Aren't you going to sit down?" He sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I laid my head onto his shoulder and whispered "I like this..." He smiled and said "I enjoy this too."

He said "Remember that day, I told you that I'll tell you about the story?" I nodded and said "Yes." He said "I guess, today's the day that you'll get to know." I held his hand and said "If you're not ready, you don't have to tell me, you know..." He shook his head and said "I- I want to take a step into our relationship." I felt heat rising up to my cheeks and smiled before saying "I'm here for you."

Wang So's POV
I've never felt like this. So secure, so...Loved. I let go of her hand and said "You can remove my mask." I saw her hesitate and she stuttered "A- Are you sure?" I nodded and said "Very sure." I pressed my lips onto hers abruptly and we moved. We kissed. I said "Just in case...You change your mind about me."

As she reached up, her hands were shaking. She removed the band, and soon, the mask was gone. She placed the mask onto the ground, and I saw her shocked face. Her eyes shifted and she began tracing my scars with her fingers. Her velvety touch, against the ugly, rough scars, were the exact contradiction between the heaven and hell.

I took a deep breath said "When I was 6...The King told my mother that he was going to marry another woman. My mother detested and went against that idea. I- I was a pawn, in her stupid game. When the King refused to listen to her, she grabbed me, and threatened to kill me.

He wavered, but stood his ground. It was understandable. She brutally used the piece of mirror to cut my face, leaving me with these scars, all, just to prove to the King that she could do what she meant. At the age of 8, I was sent to Shinju. To the Kangs.

They treated me horribly, I was like a prisoner. I was sent there, as a consolation present, for the Queen had just lost her oldest son. They left me in the mountains, infested with wolves once, and I had to kill and burn the forest just to save myself. Till this day, my scar, has been a painful memory for me."

Ha Eun's POV
I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Prince So, went through so much as a child. I hugged him tightly and I heard him sniffle. I said "Prince So...You're so brave." I pushed him away slightly and cupped his face before saying "My thoughts about you...Have changed."

He said sadly "I knew it. No one stays." I said "No. I'm going to be the first one." He looked at me in shock and I said "You're perfect. Your scars...They define you. They show that you are the Prince So, and shows your bravery. To be able to live through such a painful and tough life, they made you the person you are today.

People may misunderstand you, but remember. I'm here, Soo Unnie's here and all your brothers, as well as Princess Yeon Hwa. We don't look at you in the light that others' put you in. You're the tough 4th Prince. You're their brother. You're MY Prince So. So please. Don't feel insecure over your scar again..."

He cupped my cheek lightly and said "Thank you...No one has ever said that to me before." I smiled and said "I'm glad I'm the first." He inched his face closer to mine and pressed his lips onto mine gently. Our lips engaged in a harmonious dance, moving along with each other.

He smiled and said "You're my woman." I said "I'm your woman." He said "You finally acknowledged it." I nodded and said "That's because you finally opened up to me." With a small voice, he whispered into my ear "You're the one who managed to melt my icy, cold, heart."