Chapter 21 - King.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
"Hae In, Hae Soo, we need to talk to you." Prince Wook and Lady Hae came towards both of us. We followed them to the hall, and sat down next to Princess Yeon Hwa. Lady Hae said "Hae In, Hae Soo, I need the two of you to know that, both the Crown Prince and the King, has passed on." We said "Yes, Lady Hae." Prince Wook said "Hae In, the next news concerns you."

I said "Me?" He nodded and said "There will be a battle between Brother So and I, for the throne." I said "Neh?" He nodded and said "I'll be battling with Brother So for the throne." I said "It's...Physical?" He nodded and said "It'll be a sword fight, next week." My heart immediately fell, I couldn't help but feel worried for Prince So. Lady Hae said "Hae In, why not you return to your room to rest."

I nodded and said "Thank you, Lady Hae. I'll take my leave, Prince Wook and Princess Yeon Hwa." Before bowing and leaving. When I was nearing my room, I saw Prince So standing outside. I went over and wrapped my arms around him from the back. I said "Prince So..." He turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist too. I laid my head onto his chest and sighed.

Wang So's POV
"What's wrong, Hae In?" As I gently threaded my hands through her hair. She said "I'm so scared..." As her hold tightened around me. I asked "What happened? Why are you scared?" She said "I- I'm scared for you..." I was taken aback. She's scared for me?

I said "What about me?" She looked into my eyes and said "The battle...I'm scared you'll get hurt...I- I'm scared Prince Wook will hurt you..." I could see the tears welling up in her eyes and I instantly felt my heart break. But, I felt happy and relieved. She cares. A stray tear rolled down, and I wiped it away with my thumb. I said "Hae In, did you forget who I am?"

She said "What?" I said "I'm Wang So. I survived, after being stranded on a mountain infested with wolves. Wook doesn't scare me. And he's not a threat either." She lifted a hand and cupped my face lightly. I leaned into her touch and smiled. She said "Promise me you'll take care of yourself?"

I nodded and said "I will make you the Queen." She shook her head and immediately said "I don't need to be the Queen. I just want you to be safe, even if you don't get the throne. That's not important to me. I nearly lost you once, I don't want to lose you again..." Pressing my lips onto hers, I smiled and said "Let's go to the lake."

We went to the lake and I said "Lie down on my lap." while stretching out my legs.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I shook my head at his offer but he said "I insist." I couldn't reject it, so I agreed and laid my head down. He smiled and threaded his fingers through my hair. However, all I could think of was the battle.

On the day of the King and Crown Prince Moo's funeral, Prince So came to me, early in the morning, dressed in white. I was already dressed, and still doing my hair. I heard from outside "Hae In?" I said "Prince So, come in!" He pushed open the door and I saw him dressed majestically. I smiled and said "Sorry, I was just doing my hair." He sat down and I lifted the mask off his face. We smiled at each other and I said "You don't feel uncomfortable with me anymore."

He said "I never felt uncomfortable with you." He pressed a gentle kiss onto my lips and I immediately began to do his make up. After I was done, he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. He smiled and pressed a kiss onto my lips before saying "Bye." I bid him goodbye as well.

In the blink of an eye, it was soon the day of the battle. The deciding fight, on who will take the throne. I was constantly fidgeting, Soo Unnie and I were allowed to go watch, along with Lady Hae and Chae Ryung. I met Prince So before the battle, and wished him good luck. Prince Baek Ah, who chose to sit beside me, held my hand lightly. He said "Hae In, Brother So will be alright, don't worry."

The gong sounded, signaling the commencement of the battle. As I watched them draw their swords, my heart palpitated so quickly, as if I was the one fighting. Prince So...Please be safe.

Wang So's POV
I knew that Wook had been conversing with Yo a lot. Yo...He isn't a good man, all he wants is the throne. I can't believe Wook will work together with Yo. I need the throne, to save Goryeo. We drew our swords. Swinging our swords at each other, what other of us had in mind was only one thing. The throne.

The battle wasn't as fast as I expected to be, but when I knocked Wook to the ground and pointed the sword at his neck, it came to an end. "4th Prince, Wang So, victory!" I smirked and offered a hand to Wook, pulling him up on his feet. I patted his shoulder before saying "It was a good fight." Before leaving. I kept my sword and removed my armour before going to look for Hae In.

I went to Baek Ah and asked "Baek Ah, where's Hae In?" He said "Hae In, she's in the palace gardens. She was afraid that you would get hurt, so she decided to not watch the battle." I nodded and went to the palace gardens. I saw her back view, slouched and sitting on the chairs. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and felt her flinch.

I said "Hae In." She turned and stood up immediately. I kept my arms around her waist, and she said "Are you ok? Did you get hurt?" I shook my head and said "No, I didn't." She sighed in relief and said "Thank god..." I said "I won the battle." She smiled and said "I knew you would." I leaned down to press a gentle kiss onto her lips. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me deeper.

"I love you..." My eyes widened. Hae In...She just said that she loved me. I said "What?" She repeated herself "I love you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her before saying "Thank you..."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I knew that Prince So wasn't ready to say the 3 words yet. I understood, because I knew that he did. I knew that he did love me.