Chapter 14 - Broken.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
Yet another day, where I have nothing to do. I was walking around Prince Wook's house and my legs happened to bring me to the main hall. I saw Princess Yeon Hwa, Lady Hae, Prince Wook and Prince So sitting there, having a conversation. I decided to turn and walk away, until I heard "Yeon Hwa, you are to be married to Prince So." My heart fell, and I felt it shattering into a million pieces. I hurriedly walked away and picked up my pace, running back to my room.

I sat down, and cried, for god knows how long. When the swelling of my eyes subsided, I left my room. I had to act as if nothing happened, and that I didn't hear anything, if not, I'll be punished. I went to look for Soo Unnie, and saw that Prince Wook was engaged in a conversation with her. "What do you mean that Prince So will be married to Princess Yeon Hwa?! Prince So is with my Hae In!" Prince Wook said "I don't know, Soo, I'm trying to rectify the situation too!" She said "You can't let Hae In hear about this. Her heart will be shattered."

I suddenly felt someone grabbing my wrist and looked up to see Prince Baek Ah. He pulled me to the pavilion and sat me down and I noticed the bottles of alcohol that sat by the table. He said "I haven't had a drink with you before." I nodded and he poured me a drink. Why not, drink my sorrows away? He said "Hae In...Do you know about Brother So's engagement?" I said "I overheard them talking about it..." We continued to drink, and before I knew it, I was drunk.

In my drunken state of mind, I said "Prince So, I bet he just treats me as a pawn in his stupid game! First he treats me so nicely, then after that? Going to get married to someone else! I bet he dislikes me, that's why he's getting married!" Prince Baek Ah grabbed at my hands and pulled me down while hushing me. I began to cry and said "Why does no one love me? Why does everyone hurt me? I thought Prince So would be different, but he isn't! I'm always broken, I'm always lied to, I'm always played on! Why me?"

Prince Baek Ah said "Hae In ah, you've had too much to drink, why not I bring you to your room?" I grabbed him and started crying into his chest. I said "I don't want to lose Prince So...I- I love him...I- love him so much...Why does he have to hurt me too?"

Wang So's POV
"Yeon Hwa, you are to be married to Prince So." I slammed my hands onto the table and exclaimed "Nonsense! I never heard about this, who told you?!" Lady Hae said "Please calm down, we just received news of this." Wook added "Prince So, this is on the order of Queen Yoo." My mother? I said "She has no rights to interfere. I am NOT going to marry Yeon Hwa and that's it." Yeon Hwa said "Brother So, am I not good enough for you?" I sighed and said "It's not you, it's me. I only want someone that loves me and appreciates me. Unfortunately, that's not you."

Wook said "Brother, the marriage has been approved by the King." I said "I will talk to the King." I walked out of the hall and went to look for Hae In. News travel fast in this place, I hope she hasn't heard about it yet. While looking for Hae In, I bumped into Soo. "Prince So, I have to talk to you." We went to the garden and sat down at one of the stone tables. I said "Is it about the engagement? Because I don't really want to talk about it." She sighed and said "Prince So, I really hope it isn't true. Hae In, she can't take such news. She'll break."

I said "I know. I'm trying my best to stop the marriage from proceeding, I'm talking to the King later on." We were nearing the pavilion and that's when I saw Baek Ah and...Hae In? Baek Ah was holding Hae In in his arms and I instantly felt my blood boiling. I was about to confront them when Soo grabbed my wrist. "Listen. She's crying." "I don't want to lose Prince So...I- I love him...I- love him so much...Why does he have to hurt me too?" Hae In loves me? I looked at Soo and said "She definitely heard about the engagement..."

I went over and Baek Ah said "Brother So! Hae In's drunk!" I lifted she up into my arms and brought her back to her room. Soo said "I'll look after her." I nodded and said "I'll go pay the King a visit. I'll come back later."

I hurriedly went to the palace and when the General stopped me, I said "I need to meet the King." I was brought to the hall and waited for the King. He came in while saying "4th Prince, congratulations on your engagement." I said "King, I am here to talk about the engagement." He sat down and said "Oh? What do you need?"

I said "I would like to cancel the engagement."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
Engagement...I looked at Soo Unnie who was with Prince Baek Ah at the corner of my room. They were whispering and I am very sure that they were conversing about Prince So and I's relationship. I sat up and took off the pin that was in my hair. Ever since Prince So gave it to me, I wore it everyday.

Placing it onto the table, I said "Unnie, Prince Baek Ah, I'm going out for a walk." Before leaving my room. I sat in the garden, and sighed.

Maybe I'm destined to have a lonely life.

"Hae In."