Chapter 30 - Sealed Fate. [FINAL]

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
Water. Drowning. Air. These were the only things I could think of as I sunk to the bottom of the lake. I saw a young woman, floating next to me and I realized. It was Go Ha Eun. Me. The modern day, me. I gasped, seeing that she was exactly like me, sinking, gasping for air.

A voice suddenly said "Make your decision. Your life in Goryeo as Hae In? Or your life in the 21st Century as Ha Eun? This decision, seals your fate." As it echoed out in the vast, blue waters. Suddenly, an image appeared. It was an image of So, our son, the Princes, Soo Unnie and Chae Ryung. Everyone was crying, and Prince So was saying "부인...Please come back to me...You promised to never leave me..."

I felt my breath hitch in my throat and my tears rolled down my cheeks. My child...My husband...As quickly as it appeared, it disappeared. And then, another image appeared. Hospital bedroom, with me hooked on tubes and my parents. "Ha Eun, wake up...Wake up, please!" Again, it disappeared.

The voice returned "This decision seals your fate...There's no turning back." My parents, or my sister, my friends, and my own family? As I saw So's crying face, as well as my son, I felt my heart clench. As much as I love my parents, I would never want to go back to them and relive my pain.

Then, Hae In and Ha Eun both appeared in front of me, with their hands out. The voice said "Grab the hand of who you are returning too." I reached out my hand to hold Hae In's hand. As much as I loved being Ha Eun, I loved Hae In more.

Wang So's POV
I saw Hae In's eyelids moving. I shot up and said "Hae In? Jagiya can you hear me?" As I cupped her face lightly. When I saw her eyes opening, I immediately felt my eyes tearing. "부인, can you hear me?" She said "So..." as she cupped my face lightly. I hugged her tightly and yelled "HAE IN! YOU CAME BACK TO ME!"

She hugged me back and said "I can't bear to leave you. And our son..." I couldn't stop my tears. "I thought I lost you...I- I didn't even get to say that I love you...And- And I thought I lost you..."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
As we laid in bed together that night, So wrapped me tightly in his arms. He said "I thought I really lost you..." I said "서방님...I thought I lost you too...I- I was given a second chance to live..." He said "Y- You did?" I never told him about the other me - Ha Eun. That, was meant to be a secret. But I told him the voices, and the visions. He said "I'm glad heaven took pity on me...And gave you back to me." I smiled and said "I'm glad heaven gave me a chance too."

As my eyes were closing, he said "부인?" I said "Yes, So?" As I looked into his eyes, illuminated by the moonlight streaming in through our slightly ajar window. He leaned in, pressing his forehead against mine, "I love you, 부인. I never realized how much I did until I nearly lost you..." I got emotional, and tears welled up my eyes. I hugged him tightly, and said "서방님, I'm glad that you finally realized that you are capable to love..." He hovered his lips over mine before saying "Thank you for giving me a beautiful son, thank you for being by my side, thank you for loving me but most importantly...Thank you for being mine and thank you, for being you."

I pressed my lips onto his in a passionate kiss and smiled. That night, we drifted off to sleep, with a smile. I've never been so happy in my life.

Let's just leave it that we never saw Empress Dowager Yoo again, and I never asked So what he did to her. She, was none of my concern anymore. Many times, I would lie down next to So, rethinking everything that happened. Given another chance to decide, would I have chosen Ha Eun? Or would I still have chosen Hae In, without hesitation? Do I regret my decision? At the end, I would still come to the same conclusion.

I will never regret it.

-The End-

A/N:
This book has finally come to an end 😭 I don't know if you're as excited as me, but I have decided to write a book 2!! I know Scarlet Heart has only one installment (series), so Book 2 will SOLELY be MY plot!! Do let me know if you want Book 2 to be about Hae In and Prince So, or another Prince :)