Chapter 23 - Wedding.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
It was my 2nd day in Damiwon and I was already feeling lonely and lost. I just woke up and I saw the court lady entering. She said "Lady, we need to prepare you for your wedding night."

I was brought to a room with a wooden tub in the middle and she said "I need to check your body for any scars. A woman with a scar is unable to marry the King." I instantly covered my chest with my arms and said "What? You're not checking me!" She said "We have to." I said "No!" As I began to struggle with the Damiwon ladies. She said "Restrain her."

My arms were grabbed, and I was really trapped. She removed my layers of clothing, leaving me standing there bare, as she checked my body for any scars. I never felt so violated in my life. I was given a bath, and was dressed in a white hanbok before being brought back to my room. I sat in the corner, with my arms wrapped around my knees.

Wang So's POV
I'm so worried for Hae In, I wonder how she's doing now...I was in my study, reading some books as there was nothing for me to do. I sighed, fighting the urge to run out of my room and to her.

Bear with it Wang So, you'll get to see her tomorrow.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I was badly shaken from the afternoon events and later, a Damiwon lady brought food for me. I didn't touch it, and immediately went to sleep, trying hard to push that memory out of my mind. The next morning, I was woken up early in the morning by Court Lady Oh and the other Damiwon ladies.

"Lady Hae In, you need to get ready for your wedding." I sat up, trying to adjust to the new environment and from the corner of my eyes, I saw the ladies walking towards me. I held my hands up and said "I will go by myself. Don't touch me." They stopped in their tracks and I followed them. After a bath, I was given food, dressed and had my make up and hair done.

I sat in the room where I was brought to, dressed in the red wedding gown. "Hae In, you're going to be alright...It's just Prince So right?" I tried to reassure myself, and my rapidly beating heart. I sat on the bed for god knows how long, and then, "Lady, the King is here." I took a deep breath and stood up. The door opened, and I saw So, standing at the door.

He smiled and said "Hae In." I said "King Gwangjong." While bowing my head, noticing that there were several Damiwon ladies behind him. He came in and the they followed, bringing in a huge spread of dinner. After setting everything down, they bowed and left, closing the door behind them. "Hae In..." I said "So..." He hugged me tightly and said "I can't believe it...You're my Queen." I hugged him tightly and said "You're my King."

He sat me down at the table and said "Let's eat, 부인. (Wife)" I nodded and after eating, he said "Were they nice to you?" I said "Who?" He said "The other Damiwon ladies and Court Lady Oh." I bit my lip and said "A- About that..." He said "Something happened?" I said "It was part of procedures...So we can't blame Court Lady Oh for abiding the rules." I relayed to him the whole incident and he sighed and said "I'm so sorry that you have to go through that..."

I shook my head and said "Now that I see you here next to me, I know that it was all worth it. Everything that I suffered, was all worth it." He kissed me gently, and smiled before saying "부인..."

Wang So's POV
"부인..." It just rolled off my tongue, and it sounded like music to my ears. I saw her blushing and cupped her face lightly while smiling lightly. She said "Yes...?" I had to tell her about consummation night, but I didn't know how to start.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and said "You know...There's another tradition." She said "What is it?" I said "Consummation..." I saw her cheeks flushing and said "It's ok if you don't want to do it." However, she gave me a small smile and said "It's alright, So. We can just do it, it's tradition after all." I brought her to the bed and reached behind my head, to remove my mask.

She looked on intently, and after I removed it, she took it from me and went to place it on the table. As I wrapped my arms around her, I whispered into her ear "You look good in red..." She squirmed and I said "May I?" She nodded and my hand travelled down to the band of her hanbok, slowly bringing untying and loosening it. I pressed my lips onto hers, and the rest? Shall be kept a secret between husband and wife.

Ha Eun (Hae In's) POV
I woke up the next morning, lying in So's arms. He was already awake and I said "Good morning, So..." He said "Good morning, 부인." I hugged him tightly and he said "I finally get to spend some time with you." I cocked an eyebrow and said "You...Don't have any duties to fulfill today?" He shook his head and said "After wedding day, the King is given a day off."

I giggled and said "Must be a rule that you came up with." His eyes widened and he said "How did you know?" I smiled and said "Because it's you." We got dressed and before we could leave the room, he wrapped his arms around my waist. He said "Before I leave everyday...I want a kiss." Since when did he become this daring??

I obliged and pressed a kiss onto his lips and we left the room, and made our way to the hall for breakfast.

Time to face the other Princes, Princess Yeon Hwa, and the Empresses.

A/N: Please do search up the meaning of consummation if you don't understand! I feel very awkward to out the meaning here...