Chapter 17 - Proud.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I was waiting for Prince So to come to my room as I was supposed to help him do his make up to cover his scar for today's rain ritual. I saw him, dressed in white, walking over. He smiled when he saw me and picked up his pace. "Good morning, Hae In. I'm sorry you had to wake up so early." As he wrapped an arm around my waist.

I smiled before saying "It's ok, So, I was supposed to get up early anyway." Before I let him enter, I pressed a kiss onto his cheek and said "I forgot to say good morning." He let out a smile and I pulled him in. I always liked seeing Prince So's face, and I knew that he knew it too, as I never hesitated to remove his mask. I did my magic on him, and soon, he was off, on his way to perform the ritual.

With the help of Chae Ryung, I hurriedly changed and went to look for Soo Unnie. We went to the main palace together, where everyone was gathered to witness the rain ritual.

Wang So's POV
I was feeling very nervous, I had to bring rain to us. As I sat in the white carriage, in my white robe, I was thinking about Hae In. She always manages to make me calm down. I smiled and when the carriage was placed onto the ground, I put on a stoic face and began the ritual.

I walked through the rows of people, who were bowing to me, praying for rain. As I walked through the palace doors, I saw Hae In, who smiled at me. I looked at her and she nodded. Sneaking a glance at my mother, I saw that she had an angry look on her face as she glared holes at me. I looked away, face void of any emotion, and continued walking to the temple, that was located in the main palace.

As I bowed to the ground, rain started pouring heavily. I turned and saw everyone cheering, and again, my mother had a look of hatred, plastered onto her face. As much as she hates me, I still loved her as my mother after all. The King dismissed everyone and I went back to my room to change. Getting rid of my drenched robe, I put on my usual black robe and went to look for Hae In.

I saw Hae In, waiting at the entrance of that lead to the lake. I walked over as silently as possible, and wrapped my arms around her waist. She gasped softly and I smiled before saying "Did I scare you?" She said "What do you think?" As she turned around in my arms to face me. I said "Of course I did, I'm a monster, I scare everyone."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
"I'm a monster, I scare everyone." I instantly pouted and said "I told you so many times...Stop calling yourself a monster. I hate it when you call yourself that, because you're not." He said "I'm trying to tell you the truth." I immediately rebutted "But that's not the truth!"

He lifted one of his hands to cup my face lightly. Caressing my cheek, he said "Hae In, I'm so lucky to be your man." I started to blush and he leaned in to press a kiss onto my lips. I closed my eyes, after seeing that he is too. Standing there, in the arms of the person I love, sharing a sweet, intimate kiss. He smiled into the kiss and we pulled apart and he pressed a kiss onto my forehead.

He said "Let's go to my room, we should avoid the servants." Before pulling me to his room. He sat me down onto a chair and said "Were you looking for me?" I nodded and said "I just wanted to tell you that I'm very proud of you." His eyes widened and said "What?"

I repeated "I'm proud of you. I'm happy for you." He said "What for?" I said "For smoothly and successfully completing the rain ritual just now." He smiled and said "You're the first person who said that you were proud and happy for me...No one has ever told me that before..."

I cupped his face lightly and said "From now on, I'll be the one who will be constantly singing you praises. Not because I'm forced to, but because I want to." He said "Thank you." I said "You shouldn't be thanking me. It's something that I feel that I want to do, and it's my job to make you feel happy and comfortable in your own skin."

Wang So's POV
Hae In is such a sweet person, how did a monster like me get so lucky to be able to have her as my woman? I brushed her hair away from her face and said "Being with you, just makes me comfortable." Before pressing a light peck onto her forehead.

She smiled lightly and said "I should remove the powder on your face. Your skin will be dry if we leave it on for too long." I nodded and she went out of my room. I waited for her, and she came back soon enough, holding a small basin of water that had a cloth in it. She lightly dabbed it on my face, ridding my face of the make up that she put on.

When I saw that my scar was now visible, I instinctively brought my hand up to cover it. I hated seeing my scar, and I hated others seeing my scar as well. Hae In definitely noticed my quick reflex, as she placed the cloth back into the basin and sat down in front of me.

Pulling my hand away from my face she interlocked her fingers with mine and used her other hand to trace my scars. I heard her sigh and she said "It's so unfair." I said "What?" She continued "It's so unfair that you lived such a long and tough life because of such a small scar." I sighed and she said "I'll put on the mask for you."

She did and I could feel her delicate fingers tying the knot behind my head. Once again, my shield from everyone is back up.

Hae In, thank you for not being like everyone else.