Chapter 4

All that came into my view was a blur through my half opened eyes.

My whole body was numb.

Distant voices floated in and out of my ears.

Is someone trying to shake me?

"Don't close your eyes!" A blur of green and brown swept in and out of my face.

Ahh it's so peaceful here..

"No, no, look at me!"

I wonder if Trav is having the same peaceful sleep as mine..

"Look at ME!! LOOK AT ME!"

I smiled to myself.

Maybe he'd hug me again when I woke up..

Darkness swallowed me.

***

I groaned a bit.

My mouth felt like it had a dry block of wood rammed inside.

Opening my eyes a crack, I registered a blur of orange as I tried to move my body slightly.

Pain struck me hard, my head pounding as I let out a small scream and fell on my side from where my back was leaning on, curling up tightly.

I heard low voices, fingers gently removed my hands off my head, soothingly massaging a bit.

My whimpering ceased, I tried to calm down.

It's okay, just don't think. Clear your mind.

I visualised in my mind a huge closet, crammed everything inside, and then threw it out of my mind.

My breathing calmed down slightly, I felt someone pressing something cool on my face and neck.

"She's alright..thank the Lord.." A girl's hushed voice drifted in my ears.

I heard a male voice mumble in agreement and opened my eyes again slowly.

A pair of gleaming green eyes were peering at me anxiously, brown flicks tumbling over them.

"Give her some breathing space, Ri," the male voice muttered.

My mind felt so vague and distant.

I slowly pushed myself up, ignoring the sore, aching cramps all over my body.

"No no no, you have to rest," the girl hushed me, trying to push me back down.

I pushed her back and tried to stand up. I gave up after dizziness hit me, I whispered, "Travis.."

I glanced at the two people in the room beside me.

Their resemblance was so strikingly similar, the girl leaning over me worriedly could have easily passed as the boy standing beside her with her long, brown, wavy flicks cut, except that he was a couple of inches taller than her.

They were exchanging a look as my eyes scanned them both.

I swallowed the nauseas feeling and said louder, my voice croaking slightly, "where is he?"

They were both quiet at first.

"We...we were too late for that..we barely managed to reach you while you were still conscious.." He trailed away.
I nodded.

Oh. So...Travis is not here. Okay.

The girl held an open bottle near my lips and I pressed it to my mouth clumsily, gratefully drinking however much water made it to my mouth.

Wiping the back of my hand on my mouth slowly, I noticed a fire burning in the middle of the room on some wood. The warmth and light flickering and bouncing off everything.

They silently observed me as I let my eyes wander around.

Another door's outline, a small table in the corner with two small stools in front, a rough sink in another corner with a couple of small cupboards..

"Nice place," I said.

The girl smiled a bit. "Wanna wash up and change?"

I then realized that I was coated in grime and blood and sweat and stink and God knows what else.

Trying not to shrink away from myself, I stood up unsteadily. The girl held my elbow to keep me balanced.

"I'm Tori, and he's my twin brother, Connor," Tori said softly.

"Jean," I nodded, unable to bring myself to talk more.

Tori nodded, and pressed some dark coloured clothes into my hands.

"Use that door," she jerked her thumb to the door i'd noticed earlier.

I nodded and slowly walked towards it.

It led to a nice, small room.

A couch on one side and some sheets and a pillow on the floor beside the couch.

Trailing my fingers along the wooden wall dazedly, something odd caught my eye.

The wooden wall was fused into the roof and the ground.

And then I noticed a uniformity in the wall, just one huge wooden compartment, as if it had been placed without being constructed.

At this point, I felt like nothing could surprise me.

My thoughts were still too scattered and vague, like I was living a dream.

It'll be okay when Travis finds me.

I shrugged happily and toppled lazily into the shower in the stall located at the end of the room.

----

Everyone, i'm so sorry for the delayed update, but i hope you all enjoy! (:

----