Chapter 7

I shivered a bit, curling up tighter.

Ground so hard unhh..need warmth..

I rolled over a bit, stretching my limbs out, vaguely feeling warmth emanating from under my limbs.

I sighed and clung onto whatever I was on.

"Jean, gerroff me, you fat butt," Tori groaned.

"Hgnn but you're so warmmm.."

She pushed me over heavily, my forehead bumping hard on Connor's jaw as I rolled over.

His eyes snapped open and he grunted in pain, tossing to his other side when he saw me.

I snorted.

Yeah, that's right. Eat some leaves in your efforts to not look at me.

"Who told you both to sandwich me??" I demanded, wincing and rubbing my head as I sat up.

"You were freezing," Connor muttered grumpily, his brown hair sticking out from behind. "She made me."

Tori blinked at me blearily. "Whaz the time?"

We were all huddled up on one blanket, Tori on my right and Connor on my left.

"Iiii think it's evening?.."

Tori sat up quickly, grass blades and dried leafs peeking out from her thick hair.

I'm not even gonna bother to see how bad mine are.

The sun was casting out dying glows between the trees.

We had continued on for roughly another hour before our legs couldn't take anymore.

Where the shazzles even are we?

We were resting between a couple of boulders and trees. It was chilly, I couldn't feel my fingers and toes.

I scrunched my nose, leaning back on my palms and wriggling my toes from afar. "Who the heck took my boots off?"

Connor groaned. "You should know you have a fussy mother hen."

Tori slapped his shoulder lightly, pushing herself up. "Shut up."

I looked down. Why do I feel like the toddler in a family of three? Oh yeah..I threw myself on them like a completely disabled person, depending on them entirely. They saved my life too..after..after...

I felt tears well up in my eyes suddenly, and quickly blinked them back.

I swallowed and then poked Connor hard. "Up! Now!"

He leant forward and grabbed a snackbar lying on his bag, tossing it at me without looking back. "Please shut up," he begged.

"Nupe, nuuupe, nuuuuupe," I stumbled upright, clutching the bar. "Tori's waiting for your lazy bum to get off the blanket so that she can pack it. Don't make me bring my smelly feet in front of your face to help," I added.

He immediately sat up, pulling his hoodie on and stumbling to his feet. "I'm up, I'm up."

I nearly chortled at his grimace.