Chapter 11

I blinked my eyes open to a wooden ceiling entering my blurry vision.

I didn't want to move, so I just lay there, gripping the thick blanket on me with a loose hold.

Poking the rest of my face out, I twitched my nose a bit, and then sneezed.

Collllddd...

I heard a soft chuckle on my left and turned my head to see Rhys sitting, three metres away, on a simple wooden chair against a wall with his legs folded on it. He was holding a novel.

I groaned while pushing myself up. My body felt stiff.

That'd the third or fourth time you knocked yourself out for hours, J girl, I scolded myself mentally while rubbing my eyes.

I was in a simply furnished room with a small carpet in the centre, two bunks (the other one on my right against another wall), the chair on which Rhys sat and a wooden shelved wall in front of me. There was a door in the corner and a huge window behind me with an old brown curtain pulled over it.

I shivered again. "Don't just laugh, give me something warm!" I complained.

"There's a sweater, a shirt and jeans beside your pillow," he said quietly. "I can show you to a shower area if you want."

He had really cute, tousled up hair and wide eyes, which kept flicking away from me nervously.

I realised I was staring and I ran a grubby hand through my hair, sighing. "I suppose it's morning..?"

He nodded. "Leah is showing Connor and Jean around."

I slid my legs to the edge of the bed and onto the floor, standing up on the cold wood with bare feet.

Gripping the clothes to my chest, I slowly made my way to the door while Rhys got up, following me uncertainly.

I pushed the door open and breathed the cool air slowly. It was foggy outside.

Padding away from the door, I saw the outline of a shack ten yards away. The ground was littered with leaves of all colours, with dense fog hovering over them.

I sat down on the step, embracing the feeling of cool air against my skin, clutching the clothes to my chest.

Rhys stood beside me as I let my eyes wander to my right.

The sight of trees greeted me and I felt a chill up my spine, as if something was watching me from there

The sight of trees greeted me and I felt a chill up my spine, as if something was watching me from there. I shook my head.

Twisting my head back to Rhys, I looked at him intensely enough for him to feel uncomfortable.

"Is something wrong?" He mumbled, tweaking his hair in front of his eyes while looking away.

Aww, so shy. I felt like teasing him a bit but I took pity on his discomfort and shook my head. "How long have you been here?"

He seemed startled by my question