Chapter 3:trying to stay out of sight

By then everyone had settled in and they were all outside enjoying the warmth of the bonfire or in couples watching the glow of the flames in each others eyes in the midnight black night.

As usual i stayed back and laid there on my bed giving my diary an update on my day. Then a sudden sturdy voice startled me from my childish moment "I thought you might be here and it seems like i was right" I tried my best to remove that crazy expression of shock from my face and turn, to see a pair of familiar honey- brown eyes staring right back at me followed by a smirk plastered on kyle my neighbours face, he knew that I was coming for the first time as our parents were talking about it some weeks back. A sudden grin came upon my face as I remembered how he just left without giving me an answer when I offered him a lift to camp earlier that day. " I'm sorry I didn't know you could speak, after you left me there by the driveway with no response for my generous offer." feeling proud for my response i flicked my hair at him and went back to my writing. I heard the door shut gently so i assumed he left, I was proved wrong, barely 12 seconds after I had made my assumption, as i felt something throw it self across my bed. It was that jerk face again! "Don't you-" i can't believe, i was cut of so fast like that as if he knew what i was going to say, before i did! " Yes i make it my job to annoy the girl that i like." He leaned in towards me like he had made that perfect romantic line and was ready to receive his reward. With my best reflex i tossed a book at his stomach knocking some sense into him. "Okay!, i guess i deserved that." He said with his hands around his tummy not at all feeling sorry. "so are you coming or not " he pointed towards the door. "Why waste time with a bunch of losers while i have my reliable books?" I raised my eyebrow waiting to see what he would come up with this time, but he only gave me a simple reply " if it makes you happy." I don't know but I felt a tingle as he put a flirty smile on his face. He got up from the bed and just like that he was gone leaving me confused and suspicious about him.