chapter 11: Night shift

Night came upon us and I've been trying all day to get Judy to admit her feelings for kyle but it only resulted in getting me in trouble two times already and if I strick again I'll end up with extra duties like kyle.

So I had given up and headed to my bed to relax instead and this time it was neat and quite welcoming. All the girls were seated in a circle playing some sort of game which I preferred to avoid.

I crept to my bed quietly and let myself go sinking into a deep thought about my family and how much I missed them dearly,  suddenly I found myself in a dark yard surrounded by thick fogs when I heard someone calling my name"Amy!!!where are you?Amy!!" The voice slowly faded away and I started to feel lonely and cold. "Wait! Wait!! Come back--" I pleaded while running till I felt someone grab me and shake vigorously."Amy..wake up" I shot my eyes wide open and tried to gain conscience of what was going on. "J-judy what is it?" My heart was racing threw an obstacle course, I hadn't fully recovered from the dream so I was stammering. Then this bright light hit my face"-ouch" I whined my head starting to hurt.
"Oh good your awake!" She said in relief. Of course I'm awake now she just shone a bright light right into my face. "You see I was having some trouble sleeping when I heard you mumbling and shifting about in your sleep so I saved you from your nightmare...you're welcome!" She  kept chirping on and I thought my nightmare was over now this girl is giving me a head ache, where does she get the energy at this time. I mean thank you but no thank you!

She must have noticed I was silent so she took a breath and gave me a symphatic smile then took a seat on my bed tapping her hands on the covers "When I first came here I received a taste of being being home sick!" She was sharing her story with me and I was surprised to discover that she's been going threw a lot and that the insensitive Judy is just a mask to prevent her from getting hurt more than she already is inside. I found out that she used to be friends with Julia on her first day of summer camp but then they got into a fight over Jonathan and their friendship collapsed. Julia won the heart of Jonathan while she was left with a broken one. They never spoke to each other since and that's were kyle came in with his comforting words and self devotion to making  making sure she was always happy, like the love of a brother and sister--deep I know.

"Anyways maybe reading you something will get you back in the mood to sleep well." She interrupted my thoughts when she reached out for my diary and flipped threw the pages and reading it out loud "Dear diary..blah..blah ...blah skip skip-you know your life is seriously boring! Where's the risk taking and the heart warming entries in here?" She frowned and turned it upsidedown as if expecting something to fall out and seemed disappointed when nothing did. She was about to close it and put it away when she found something in her interest, I watched her eyes scroll down the page. As much as I wanted to protest It was only fair that she got to know about me since she opened up to me earlier.

Then she stopped reading and gave me a hug. "I know you like him but he's been threw a lot so try understanding his behavior, maybe he needs someone to show him how to love" She let me go so that I could breath and lifted herself from my bed giving me a wink before she headed to her own. Giving me a lot to think about.

*********Authors note*********
Amy's feelings for kyle is out but what will it change?
Will she tell him?

Plz vote and comment on what you think!

Thank for reading
😊