A Stone's Soft Place

Hello there everyone. I am back at it again. Trying to make this story as interesting and insightful as I can with this story. I feel like this will just be a fly by the seat of my pants type of fiction. But I hope my crazy brain and ideas keep yall coming back for more each time! So until next week! Peace, Gay love, and Pizza!

Jasper

After the whole situation had gone down with Blue Diamond, I was on edge. I knew that it had been stupid to say those thing's to her and I had this unsettling feeling in my chest that told me she was going to make sure that I knew just what kind of shitstorm my big mouth had gotten me into. An hour or so later Amethyst was still pretty shaken up by tonight's events, and Garnet was not saying anything, just sitting there nursing the same bottle of now warm beer in her hand since it all kicked off.

I, on the other hand, had been pacing for the last hour, My hair was even more of a wild mess from me pulling on it, chewing the inside of my cheek was red raw from the constant chewing and tugging I had been applying to it out of worry. Maybe if I were to go and try to talk to Blue Diamond everything would die down again, and if I have to I will join just to get the targets off my friends but saying that Would she even take my offer?

I was taken out of my muse as my phone making me jump, furrowing my brows at the bright screen I noticed it was a private number. I left them in the room and I walked into the next and I answered before holding it up to my ear.

A deep, gruff voice met my ears,

"The 3rd Street pier warehouse. Midnight. Come alone."

Before I could even get a word out, the call ended, groaning I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it as if I weighed up my options when I had no choice. Walking back into the living room I grabbed my keys off the table and finally turned to them,

"I've got to go... I'm going to fix this! I'll call you guys later... Cheer up guys Jaspers got this Don't sweat it okay?"

It was like I was trying to convince myself more than them but I had to put their minds at ease, I hugged them both before I walked out and got into my car and pulled off, driving back down the hill my head was all the way in the clouds, thoughts running rapidly. Consumed by my inner turmoil that I ran three red lights, managed to dodge any police cars and somehow made it back to my apartment in one piece. My hands shook as I fumbled to get the damn key in my door I swear I don't have the time for this shit right now, taking a deep breath I relaxed as best I could and opened my door. Closing and locking it behind me, my knees gave way, and I slipped to the carpet floor.

Rubbing my face, the tremors in my hands was still there and growing more erratic by the second, balling up my fist I cursed bloody murder before I smashed my fist into the wall next to the door. The standard drywall gave way under my fist, and I didn't even register the pain as jagged pieces of drywall scraped against my knuckles while white powder fell and mingled with the dirty brown carpet.

Pushing myself up and walking to the bathroom I splashed water on my face and ran my fingers through my thick mane of hair. I groaned as my fingers got stuck in the matted parts, Stripping down and getting into the shower I washed my hair until it squeaked conditioning it always took the longest, so I decided to clean the rest of my body and let the conditioner settle in. Once I finished, I got out and blew dried my hair before I combed it out with a barrage of cursing and pulling. Dividing my thick and damp tresses down the middle, I braided the distinct parts into two thick french braids that reached just under my ass.

Air drying I walked over to my dresser drawers and pulled out a pair of boy boxers and a sports bra, adorning the set I pulled on some white basketball shorts and a black tank top before I Laced up some black and white running shoes and pulled up my long crew socks. After brushing my teeth, I then laid down on my bed and finally closed my eyes to rest.