Talking it out & Old memories pt2

"Mary,wait" I froze in my tracks and hummed in response. "I think it's time we had that talk. I took a deep breath as I slowly turned to face him.
"Mark-"
"Look I know you're probably still pissed at me and I get it. We were friends for so long and-"
"And you left to go half way around the world."

"I know I should have-
"What told me?". He stared at me annoyed and upset,but I didn't care. I knew everything he was going to say and I didn't want to hear it. I had spent way too long crying over him. Praying he would come back. He huffed rubbing his eyes irritated. A part of me felt wrong. A part of me felt like I should listen and forgive,maybe even try again. But another part of me was still angry, was still hurt.

"Mary... I'm sorry. I know no matter how much I say it, it will never change the fact that I hurt you. It's just I didn't know how to tell my best friend that I wouldn't be able to see them every day." I stood frozen like a statue taking in every word. "We've been best friends since we were kids. We always had arguments but we never let them get in between us"

"We also never kept secrets from each other. How do you think I felt standing there telling my childhood best friend I was in love with him to find out not even three minutes later he had a secret girlfriend and was flying all the way to Korea to join some band." I spat out louder than intended.

"Mary Wendy was never my girlfriend. We hung out a couple times and that's it. Joey saw us one time and lied to my parents that she was my girlfriend."

"You could have told me."

"Mary I tried I called you so many times. I even wrote, but you ignored it all. My text my emails. My memories darted back to right after mark left. He would send me text begging me to call him. Apologizing. Letters on letters about how beautiful Korea was and all the new people he met and how hard it was to be a trainee at such a big company. I was in such depression I didn't read them until months later.

"When I found out trainees couldn't have cell phones I was depressed. when I got my phone back I hoped there would be something from you a voice mail a text message something, but nothing. You even changed your number. So I gave up"

"What did you expect Mark? For me to pick up the phone and act like I wasn't hurt? Like my heart didn't shatter into a million pieces!? Because it did"Tears started to block my sight. "I wanted to Mark I wanted to pick up the phone so bad and act like everything was okay. To smile again. To act like nothing happened,but I couldn't. I clenched my fist so hard my knuckles turned white."Because I'm not you I couldn't act like nothings happened. I couldn't smile and not show emotion! Im not a robot Mark! Do you know whenever I heard about how close you were to debuting I looked you up, I saw you on that tv show performing. I was so happy for you,but then all those memories came back of how you hurt me and I cried. Thinking why doesn't he care."

Tears flowed down my face like a waterfall as I held my head down in despair. Through it all. I could see Mark's feet moving towards me. He reached for me,but I quickly pulled away. I tried to run inside,but he ran in front me blocking. He came closer, but I inched away. I promised myself. I promised myself I wouldn't do this. Not for him, I wouldn't be weak. The farther I got away the heavier mt heart Finally I felt light like, there was nothing under me just an escape. Before I could meet that escape I was pulled into a warm embrace. An embrace that when I was a kid it made all my troubles run away. I lifted my head to be met with the crystal blue of the pool. It saved me. The embrace saved me from falling in. I lifted my head higher to meet his dark midnight eyes, glistening with tears. The next thing I remember was feeling something warm touch my lips.